Cool!!! I'm guessing the 258 only ever used 1 belt, V8's use 2, I believe it's due to the surface area contact of the belt on the alternator pulley(s)
I'm not sure how the original belt setup is. I have my compressor set up to run off the double pulley on the power steering pump.
That way I can remove the belt if I ever need to without losing anything else.
Couldn't find an air filter to save my life. I didn't want to have to order one from somewhere to change it out. So I did a little redneck engineering on a lawn mower filter.
78 CJ7.. 258.. TH400/Dana18.. SOA/stock YJ springs.. 35" General Grabbers.. Waggy 44s.. 4.88 gears...Spartan/Lockright...Fiberglass front to rear
It's been on stands since April, changed clutch, added dual exhaust, pulled axles to have an arb and tru trac locker added, rear disc brake on the amc 20, hydroboost with MC and finally got to the point of starting the engine earlier today. Sounds so sweet with dual exhaust. But no brakes. Gonna pull the MC off and bench bleed again.
Adjusted the floats on my 4412. Attached my vac advance tO a new manifold port that I installed earlier. Set timing and adjusted idle screws. Tomorrow, recheck idle adj with vac gauge. Solved my sneezing issue.....
Installed some 5/8" adjustable wire/rope clamps on the fenders where the PO had left me some dinky little holes from a stock tie-down point. I cut some custom rubber gaskets for them too. Should come in handy when I need to do a hood carry, as a hammock tie point, or anytime I need to secure something to the bumper. 7.00 in parts, and five minutes with a unibit = heavy duty upgrade.