What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 920 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #13786
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
Bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! That was cold 20 mile trip......
Im wide awake though.=-O

Sent from my HTC One SV using JeepForum
Heh. Roasting down here in sunny Florida.

Luis

Unread 09-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #13787
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper44mag View Post
Heh. Roasting down here in sunny Florida.

Luis
X2, it was 104 here yesterday.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #13788
sickcj978

Going to try to get my fill plug out of my amc20 rear end cause I think it's full of water yay oh and i will have been awake for 32 hours by the time I get home from work today gotta love the late 3rd shift overtime call and then working first right after fun fun
sickcj978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #13789
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Changed a T86 to a T98 with overdrive, with a ceramic clutch

Swapped to an aluminum radiator

swapped electric for mechanical fan

rewired front winch

wiring up a rear winch

redid the steering shaft/column

Well it was done over the last few months. Just dialed it in. Next is a new exhaust.
Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #13790
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

changing my brake pedal and the cables
jacques25150 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #13791
titomars
1981 CJ7 

I had to repair a collapsed and cracked LH torque box. An all afternoon job Lift the left side body away from the frame. clean area and straighten as best I could. weld up all the cracks and grind. install a 1/4 inch plate over the mount area and weld to the box. reassemble and shim it a little. Now the tub sits straight again.
lh-torque-box-090713-7-small.jpg  
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #13792
325INFREGT
1976 CJ7 

Unbelievable

Today I realized that when I put on the Lokar shifter last night I made a small mistake.

So about 5 this morning I'm out there messing with the KD linkage because of the new shifter. It wouldn't shift out of first last night. I think i figured it out because I drove it around a little after messing with it and it seemed to be good. I go in for coffee and a self congratulatory pat on the back. Little did I know...

So there is a leak from the pan where I put the bolts for the shifter linkage. Today I'm thinking, I'll fix that easy and put a trans cooler in front of the radiator at the same time. Pep Boys for the cooler and all that jazz. Get hose instead of the metal lines because it's easier to use.

Set all that up, no problem. Everything goes well until I drop the pan to replace the gasket. There's a piece of the tranny sitting in the pan. WTH??? I call my local guy and ask him, what's up? He looks at a TF727 he's got sitting at the shop and asks me if I pulled the bolt all the way out (for driver's side mounting bracket) when I mounted the Lokar shifter. I said I did, and he told me I made a pretty expensive mistake.

There is a nut on that bolt. You're supposed to get the nut all the way off and just mount the shifter bracket on the bolt as it sits. My bad. I didn't know.

So all day under the jeep and the end result is that it has to go to a trans shop on Monday. $500 easy. At least there aren't any broken parts or anything like that. All they really have to do is put it back together. I'm not skilled enough or have enough time/space to do it myself.

I spent all day under the CJ7 with tranny fluid in my hair, spent over $120, only to have to take it to a shop tomorrow. Only win is that the trans cooler is replaced and in the right spot.

Love it. Having a beer right now. Props to all the dudes out there slugging it out in their garages. Keep it up.

325INFREGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #13793
Blakescj7
1985 CJ7 

Spent the day under my cj removing the factory exhaust. Then removed the stock bumper and power washed the engine frame rails. Btw I have the front clip off and engine and transmission removed so it was easy to was lol
Blakescj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #13794
Jester77
Rabidus Balatro

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
Drug it out of the shed and used it as a gauge to see if I need to mow the grass. Bloody hell no chance! It's too far gone. I'm going down the beach for a lap instead.
Attachment 665158
Epic! Ha ha ha...

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky
Jester77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #13795
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325INFREGT View Post
Today I realized that when I put on the Lokar shifter last night I made a small mistake.

So about 5 this morning I'm out there messing with the KD linkage because of the new shifter. It wouldn't shift out of first last night. I think i figured it out because I drove it around a little after messing with it and it seemed to be good. I go in for coffee and a self congratulatory pat on the back. Little did I know...

So there is a leak from the pan where I put the bolts for the shifter linkage. Today I'm thinking, I'll fix that easy and put a trans cooler in front of the radiator at the same time. Pep Boys for the cooler and all that jazz. Get hose instead of the metal lines because it's easier to use.

Set all that up, no problem. Everything goes well until I drop the pan to replace the gasket. There's a piece of the tranny sitting in the pan. WTH??? I call my local guy and ask him, what's up? He looks at a TF727 he's got sitting at the shop and asks me if I pulled the bolt all the way out (for driver's side mounting bracket) when I mounted the Lokar shifter. I said I did, and he told me I made a pretty expensive mistake.

There is a nut on that bolt. You're supposed to get the nut all the way off and just mount the shifter bracket on the bolt as it sits. My bad. I didn't know.

So all day under the jeep and the end result is that it has to go to a trans shop on Monday. $500 easy. At least there aren't any broken parts or anything like that. All they really have to do is put it back together. I'm not skilled enough or have enough time/space to do it myself.

I spent all day under the CJ7 with tranny fluid in my hair, spent over $120, only to have to take it to a shop tomorrow. Only win is that the trans cooler is replaced and in the right spot.

Love it. Having a beer right now. Props to all the dudes out there slugging it out in their garages. Keep it up.

Ouch, thats gonna hurt the pocket book.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #13796
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325INFREGT View Post

Let me guess, you pulled the band adjusting screw out which dropped the strut to the bottom.
that sucks!
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #13797
boojeep
1979 CJ5 

Getting the tools out to mess with it again.Have had no motivation lately.
boojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #13798
Ramzi

I added a cherry bomb glass pack exhaust
Ramzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #13799
marushio

i try to study some pdf to modify the CJ but i don't find a torrent with seeds, someone knows where i can find these pdf to download?

Jeep CJ Rebuilder's Manual 1972 to 1986 (CJ 5-6-7-8).pdf
Chilton's CJ Scrambler 1971-86 Repair Manual.pdf
Jeep Parts List 81-86.pdfJeep Parts List 81-86.pdf
Jeep Owner's Bible.pdf
Jeep 4X4 Performance Handbook.pdf
CJ JEEP FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL 81-86 MR 252.pdf
Books4Cars.com - Every Repair Manual, Service Manual, Owners Manual and Book.pdf

i try jeep cj repair manuals parts manual rebuilding manuals torrent download but don't start because no one seed it. someone help me? thanks a lot!
marushio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #13800
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Wheeled it. Flexed the body enough to get the fan into the radiator, tore it to shreds, came home.

Can't figure out how it twisted enough to get into the rad. The motor mounts all look fine, everything seems to move as far as it normally does. I twisted everything up harder than that last weekend, and it came out fine. Now I'm nervous about spending money on a new rad without figuring out exactly what happened.

It's the first time I haven't been able to take the Jeep to work due to a breakdown. Hopefully it storms tomorrow so I won't feel so bad driving the truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.