Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#17,702 ·
installed my tailgate cables

#17,703 ·
Used it and the 8274 to pull up some old clothes lines in the back yard. Is work really work if you can use your jeep to do it?
I look for reasons to use it for yard work. Even a simple tree stump I could easily dig out, I wrap a chain around it and go...

I believe I have a few pictures in my build thread of me using it to drag some logs out of the crick beside me mother's house... I didn't take pictures of the little guys I cold have thrown around myself that I had hooked to the CJ..

#17,705 ·
Finally put my synthetic rope back on the winch.
Plus I adjusted the plate so I can free-spool it again and I fixed the broken winch out feature, turns out it was just a bad connection on the wire.

#17,706 ·
Took her wheeling in a local state preserve on approved byways. Apparently wandered a little too far off the beaten dirt/sand path, and got an invitation by the State of NJ to contribute $71 for failing to stay on a roadway.

At least I taught my sons how to be respectful to a state trooper and not make matters worse with an impounding and a call to their mom for a ride home.

1985 CJ-7 Renegade, Sebring Red, 258 + 5-speed

#17,707 ·
I pulled the rear axle out of the CJ5 that I'm building from scratch, and cut the spring perches off. I tacked new spring perches on while changing my pinion angle...

Rich

#17,710 ·
rattle canned my front cross member and practiced with my hi lift jack. I guess the stock front bumper is strong enough for it because I jack it up under it and it didn't bend

#17,712 ·
Installed my new garvin front bumper and drilled and tapped to 1/4 20 holes in it for my license plate. I also installed some l.e.d.'s in a few sockets

#17,714 ·
Installed my brake booster push rod boot. Nothing like bending over , twisting and forcing yourself under your dash trying to remove a cotter pin and pry the push rod off.:rolleyes:

#17,715 ·
Im trying to put my soft top on but it keeps raining. It started to sprinkle and I got the front of the top in the windshield channel , than rain, it stopped, the two plastic windshield seals came in the mail and I put those on started to rain . it stopped so I go out and put the rods in the top it starts to rain. now Im going to get the bows on and the buttons on hopefully it doesn't rain.