What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 860 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #12886
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post

Personally I do not think it makes a difference how you mount it, if it did those instructions would be included when you purchased a new coil which I have never seen.

Mount it however it is convenient.
I agree with you Glenn. In all my wanderings and racing I have mounted mine where it fits best and never had a problem. I have never seen anyone else have a problem also.
there was (in the 80's) a coil that had to be mounted "up" it stated in the instructions supplied. It was a Mallory Pro Master the square coil.

This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #12887
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Msd suggests that there coils be mounted vertica
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #12888
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83vert
msd suggests that there coils be mounted vertica

image-3115600206.jpg
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #12889
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Thanks you!

Forum update
This was passed to me and comes from the MSD Technical forum http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394
"MSD recommends mounting the Blaster 2 Coil in the vertical position so that the internal winding is completely covered with oil. Mounting the coil horizontally does not allow the oil within the coil to sufficiently transfer the heat out of the coil."

I stand corrected, MSD recommends that the Blaster two be mounted vertical. That being said, it is clear that some automotive manufactures produced coils that could be mounted either way.

I will leave my blaster II mounted as is because the engine only runs for short periods of time (8.2 seconds in the quarter, warm up in the pits, it is towed to the line and towed back to the pits)

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #12890
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
I spent 3hrs today getting the glue the PO used on the carpet off the inside of the tub. Ive now found my no#1 most hated job in the world.
Awful job, but it has to be removed. I was lucky on mine, all it took was some goof off and occasionally some lacquer thinner. A job that is actually worse is when you spray tub liner were it shouldn't be and don't notice it for a day. LOL

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #12891
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

bad trip

wednesday, when i return from my job, at 5 kms from my home, my clutch dont want made his job;
I decide to go to my favorite garage and when I was arrived: nothing more in rear or forward direction because all bolts of gear box are going out and engine and gear box are disconected
very bad trip!!!!!
jacques25150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #12892
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Had to redo my intake gaskets from the aluminum intake swap on my 360. Found a stock baffle and had to cut and modify it. Then drill and tap the bottom of intake for it. Cut the baffle down so it would clear the oil valley Pan gasket. Bought the right stuff for front and rear seals. Long couple days cause I had to do it twice. Rear seal wasn't good enough and leaked after first attempt. Got it now all buttoned up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 05-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #12893
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques25150 View Post
wednesday, when i return from my job, at 5 kms from my home, my clutch dont want made his job;
I decide to go to my favorite garage and when I was arrived: nothing more in rear or forward direction because all bolts of gear box are going out and engine and gear box are disconected
very bad trip!!!!!
OUCH! The engine bolts broke from the transmission?
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #12894
vivimus
1986 CJ7 

Oil change and radiator flush. Tomorrow, pulling more roots. It is a utility vehicle after all.
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #12895
Havasu Living

1980 CJ7 

Making some changes to the 5.0 swap from 4 years ago. Going dual exhaust, waiting on the shorty headers and then have to re-route the fuel system and changing the motor mounts.
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #12896
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Got the Moser axles and Lock Right installed in the rear. Everything was pretty straight forward, no surprises. A lot of hard work though.Took me a full day.
Tomorrow I'll get to try everything out.

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #12897
agear
1984 CJ7 

Today I found out that I couldn't get into low range because the shifter was hitting the tunnel cover and boot so I cut the tunnel cover and moved the boot up some and now I have 4 low. It's great ! I also adjusted my rear drum brakes. This posed some questions because you can't really go by the feel of spinning the tire to see how it's adjusted due to the fact that it turns both axles and is hard to turn. My expert b.i.l. came over. I learned you can adjust them a little bit loose and since they're self adjusting brakes you can just back up several times and stop and they will adjust themselves where they need to be . Awesome ! So we just adjusted them so the drum was touching/sliding over the shoes when installing but when removing the drum you shouldn't have to work it side to side to get it off. I also installed the shifter bushing and washer on my dana 300 down by the shift rails. My drivers side brake light was not working. The terminal on the tail light and on the light bulb were wore down so I put in a new bulb and it works great now. Successful weekend so far.Tomorrow I'm going to install my front driveshaft and max out my articulation on my axles to see if my drive shafts are long enough for articulating on the trail, because I have a 2.5 inch suspension lift.
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #12898
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Wheeled the snot out of it. The new locker in the rear worked like a champ.

The low hanging exhaust tip that I knew was going to give me trouble, reared it's head. While backing down a rock ledge, it caught a rock and wrapped down under the rear axle and exited towards the front of the Jeep. I almost cut it off higher yesterday, but never got around to doing it.

I'll take an easy fix like that any day.
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #12899
Drugcop4
1981 CJ5 

New NOS Carb

Unread 05-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #12900
Lifted96ZJ
1973 CJ5 

Got the whole thing primed one color, put the hood on and I just ordered some parts that I need to finish the dash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.