Today I found out that I couldn't get into low range because the shifter was hitting the tunnel cover and boot so I cut the tunnel cover and moved the boot up some and now I have 4 low. It's great ! I also adjusted my rear drum brakes. This posed some questions because you can't really go by the feel of spinning the tire to see how it's adjusted due to the fact that it turns both axles and is hard to turn. My expert b.i.l. came over. I learned you can adjust them a little bit loose and since they're self adjusting brakes you can just back up several times and stop and they will adjust themselves where they need to be . Awesome ! So we just adjusted them so the drum was touching/sliding over the shoes when installing but when removing the drum you shouldn't have to work it side to side to get it off. I also installed the shifter bushing and washer on my dana 300 down by the shift rails. My drivers side brake light was not working. The terminal on the tail light and on the light bulb were wore down so I put in a new bulb and it works great now. Successful weekend so far.Tomorrow I'm going to install my front driveshaft and max out my articulation on my axles to see if my drive shafts are long enough for articulating on the trail, because I have a 2.5 inch suspension lift.
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.