Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#16,747 ·
I pulled the Intake and Exhaust Manifolds to replace the gaskets and cleaned everything up while it was taken apart. Also got to fixing the small valve cover leak, the damn thing was too tight so it was squeezing down the gasket. Tomorrow I will be putting on an MSD High Vibration coil and maybe running some new grounds.

Attachments

#16,751 ·
I pulled the Intake and Exhaust Manifolds to replace the gaskets and cleaned everything up while it was taken apart. Also got to fixing the small valve cover leak, the damn thing was too tight so it was squeezing down the gasket. Tomorrow I will be putting on an MSD High Vibration coil and maybe running some new grounds.
Yep I've got to do the same thing exhaust leak what a pain

#16,752 ·
Yep I've got to do the same thing exhaust leak what a pain
Found out cylinder 6 is missing for some reason, even after I swapped in new gaskets. Going to do a compression and leak down test after Thanksgiving. We're thinking/hoping it has to do with spark. We fooled around with it and Cylinder 5 started missing as well and it wasn't last night. I'm really hoping that's a good sign in terms of compression. Finally adjusted timing and it helped a bit but still not where it should be. Hopefully I don't get an excuse for an engine swap. It's not quite in my budget as of right now.

The Jeep was listed with a rebuilt engine, PO said 1300 miles were put on it. I have a reman code decal on the side of it as well. So this misfire has been a head scratcher for sure.

#16,753 ·
Dropped her off at some body shop for a front end paint job on the fenders, Hood, and windsheild frame. Said he knows a guy to reproduce the Laredo Decals, but we'll see about that. Got it real cheap, so I'll see how it turns out. First time ever leaving one of my Jeep's at a shop, It's killing me

#16,754 ·
Heh, put a couple gallons of gas in the Jeep from a jerry can. My wife took me a bit too literally when I said I wanted to wait on gassing it up so I could more easily drop the tank this weekend to try and fix a leak. So she drove it to work without adding anything at all - even though it was on empty. So I had to find her on the road where she ran out of gas... At least now I know exactly where the gauge needle sits when the fuel runs out!

#16,759 ·
Finally found time to change the fluid on my front diff. Opened up the Dana 30 and found:

SCORE!!! Locker. It felt like it had one but I didn't know for sure. Always great to have one on a jeep you picked up for 1500.00.

Also gave the dirty girl a bath.

#16,760 ·
Finally found time to change the fluid on my front diff. Opened up the Dana 30 and found:

SCORE!!! Locker. It felt like it had one but I didn't know for sure. Always great to have one on a jeep you picked up for 1500.00.

Also gave the dirty girl a bath.
Looks like a well needed fluid change. :cheers2: looks like you got a tooth chipped off of your ring gear.