Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  84 Laredo cj7 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#16,150 ·
New Warrior shackles front and rear. I went with the greaseable bolts and 1/2" of lift. Installation was pretty simple despite the old hard bushings that were in there. Next are the front wheel hubs: new spindle bearings, wheel bearings, rotors, grease zerks, etc.

#16,154 ·
I got a set of new shocks given to me a few months ago. The one end was the stud style, which will not work on my CJ. Today, I took the old shocks off, cut the bottom eye off, and welded it onto the bottom of the new shocks. Works great.

#16,156 ·
I got a set of new shocks given to me a few months ago. The one end was the stud style, which will not work on my CJ. Today, I took the old shocks off, cut the bottom eye off, and welded it onto the bottom of the new shocks. Works great.
Where there's a will, there's a way. Looks like you may be cutting it a little close to bottoming the shock on the up travel though.

Sent from my HTC One SV using JeepForum

#16,157 ·
82JeepCJ7 said:
Hey please excuse my ignorance but aren't shocks a this way up thing? I mean they are meant to compress quick but extend slow so if upside down that performance will be azz about? This is unless they are actually meant to be upside down shocks like on a motor cross bike for eg.

#16,159 ·
gazzo said:
Hey please excuse my ignorance but aren't shocks a this way up thing? I mean they are meant to compress quick but extend slow so if upside down that performance will be azz about? This is unless they are actually meant to be upside down shocks like on a motor cross bike for eg.
I would be interested to know if this is true as well.