Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#15,841 ·
i didn't do this toady but two weeks ago I registered my jeep. I was lucky that it was non opt since 1996 and no fees to pay. just a bill of sale signed by me and my friend at work statement of facts stating " the vehicle has been in non operational status since 1996 and I would like to register it today" 190 bucks plates and tags in hand. been driving it around lately. love it.

today I will be taking it in to have the transmission rebuilt. I do not have time this month to work on it. it pops out of 2nd gear every now and again the syncro is bad it leaks from the front seal it loves to leave it's mark wherever I park it. other than that it runs great.

#15,842 ·
jeeperman19 said:
picked up a pile of parts that I left at my Dad's place for u-bolt flip and swapped a guy for another tuffy console.....needed the narrow one to fit between my new corbeau seats
Yeah I ran into the same problem. Bought the wide one didn't like the way it fit and picked up the narrow one from a guy who bought it and didn't like it. Now I have wide one sitting and taking up space.

#15,844 ·
Got in over my head and came out the other side.

Paint on left front fender was not original and it was orange peeled.

So what happens if I drag a 2" putty knife across the peeling? A bunch of it comes off down to the primer. So like peeling a bad sunburn, I kept scraping. And it all started coming off. So then I started sanding with 100 grit, and more came off. Pretty soon...naked fender.

So I primed it, and hit it with red engine enamel that's damn close to my faded version of Sebring Red. Now waiting for t to set before sand with 1500 and then clear.

Unlike my tee shots...it'll play.

1985 CJ-7 Renegade, Sebring Red, 258 + 5-speed

#15,846 ·
Long awaited Winch!!!- now Just need to find a new bumper.

Topless!!!

Been waiting forever for the winch plate! Any suggestions on a bumper that would finish it off nicely... anyone have one?

Im not a big fan of chrome on jeeps, but for this Laredo, it seems fitting here and there (I cringe inside, the bumper needs to be black I think)

What do you think?

Attachments

#15,849 ·
Topless!!!

Been waiting forever for the winch plate! Any suggestions on a bumper that would finish it off nicely... anyone have one?

Im not a big fan of chrome on jeeps, but for this Laredo, it seems fitting here and there (I cringe inside, the bumper needs to be black I think)

What do you think?
I'm a big fan of the Ground Pounder Fabrication bumpers made by Eddie (JF member BESRK).

#15,850 ·
Red85CJ said:
Topless!!! Been waiting forever for the winch plate! Any suggestions on a bumper that would finish it off nicely... anyone have one? Im not a big fan of chrome on jeeps, but for this Laredo, it seems fitting here and there (I cringe inside, the bumper needs to be black I think) What do you think?
I am not a big fan of chrome bumpers on anything BUT the Laredos. If it were mine, unless I were looking for some sort of added utility (clearance, on board air, etc) I would keep the stock bumper. But that's what makes jeeps great you can whatever you like with it to suit YOUR tastes.

I would second ground pounder fab though. I love my winch plate from him.

#15,852 ·
Finally got the family roll bar in. Spent the day welding up all the worn holes and cracks in the windshield frame where the header attaches. Got the new soft top on. Fits great but a PITA to get the window zippers together when they are new. Wish Bestop would re-think the window zippers on the supertop.

Attachments

#15,854 ·
Hey skizriz those pics look familiar. Put a new to me D44 in the rear with another 1.5" lift. Working on a cut down D44 for the front.
I've been thinking about it for awhile, and after the last wheeling trip when I flopped it pretty hard and the wife hurt her arm, it made the decision to go wider an easy one.
I always liked my narrow axles for getting around through the tight woods, but safety comes first. The narrow axles are too much of a balancing act.

Hopefully no more of this.:cheers2:

Cleaned up and painted next to my spare NT AMC 20. Not too bad of shape for what I paid for it, except for the brakes. Everything there was shot. For the same price as replacing the drums, I'll do a disk setup on the rear.

#15,856 ·
skizriz said:
i've been thinking about it for awhile, and after the last wheeling trip when i flopped it pretty hard and the wife hurt her arm, it made the decision to go wider an easy one. I always liked my narrow axles for getting around through the tight woods, but safety comes first. The narrow axles are too much of a balancing act. Hopefully no more of this.:cheers2: video link: cleaned up and painted next to my spare nt amc 20. Not too bad of shape for what i paid for it, except for the brakes. Everything there was shot. For the same price as replacing the drums, i'll do a disk setup on the rear. [url="http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/skizriz/media/imag1082.jpg.html"]
soa?

#15,860 ·
Body Armor/Rust cover up project. Cost me a total of $55.00 in materials. 3/16" steel plate cut to fit into the Poison Spyder armor.