What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 777 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #11641
bajaviking
1985 CJ7 

Finally took some time to make my manual choke working right, what a relief, it now fires right up in the morning.
No more of doing the pump pump pump crank procedure 5 times to get it running.
As an added bonus in the process I found a vacuum leak and adjusted the carb, it now feels stronger taking of, not bad for a couple of hours work.

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"
bajaviking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #11642
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

re

very nice weater this afternoon, so I have work on my car:
- put on an inox air soop
- changing my mirrors (the old are completely spoted)
- mounted my new fender flares
(views in my post restoring)
jacques25150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #11643
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Primered my wife's 777 rear axle.
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #11644
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaviking View Post
Finally took some time to make my manual choke working right, what a relief, it now fires right up in the morning.
No more of doing the pump pump pump crank procedure 5 times to get it running.
As an added bonus in the process I found a vacuum leak and adjusted the carb, it now feels stronger taking of, not bad for a couple of hours work.
I converted my Q-jet to manual choke this weekend.. Man what a difference.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #11645
RARECJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
No im widetrack, with 35x1250 & this is full compression

Attachment 565697
gott love the ford shock towers-- i added them front and rear. out boarding the rear shocks made a WROLD of difference!

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #11646
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Put a brake new master cylinder in yesterday. Was going to start on the rear disc brake conversion but I have manged to loose the key to the wheel locks

Three trips to the store and several dollars later (I must have the only wheel locks in the world that cannot be removed with an emergency lug nut removal kit ) the wheels are finally off. The conversion will begin right after lunch.

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #11647
RARECJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82JeepCJ7 View Post
I replaced the CB in the center console today. Ran a new 18' (1/2 wave) length of RG-8 coax for the antenna.
For a small jeep, why 18'? Should it not be the shortest run possible? Thats what i was taught and verified. The wavelength of an antenna is more critical, if at all, than the length of feed line. Also, due to the velocity factor of different types of feed line, signal strength may be affected. (lossy factor).

For my mobile radios, i run the very shortest feed line and the thickest i can apply-- generally LMR400. My multi band vertical on the truck works from 28MHz to 3MHx, all with the same 8' of feed line. Not to flame or anything, but why so much feed line when if its shorter you may mitigate signal loss?

the box looks cool-- does it stay cool under operation?

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #11648
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCJ7
went and got a 92yj tub to work on since my tub is beyond repair got the tub, family roll bar, a heating unit, and a break booster all for $200
Good score!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #11649
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

[quote="bridger04"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "gazzo;

I asked the guy if he knows that everyone calls them Brown Santa and he almost weed everywhere laughing. Obviously he'd never heard it before. Funny[/quote

That is hilarious.... Its so very true though, I love those guys and gals, what a great job they do
Couldn't remember saying that do went to quote you and the message I did post popped up above your quote. It was the brown Santa thing. That was funny

Unread 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #11650
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackolive99
After much talking to myself, the wife, and my son, we are going to sell our CJ.
The surgery my son needs for his front teeth is going to cost a boatload even after my medical insurance takes a small bite out of it. I will be posting on this forum, as well as Cincinnati, Ohio Craigslist. Although I'd rather see it stay, we have to.
Bad deal. That's a shame but everyone here knows there's only one thing that comes before your CJ and that is Family. Good luck.

Unread 02-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #11651
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Started cleaning up the new (old) YJ springs. Knocked the old bushings out, that's always as fun as a barrel of monkeys. Put in some bushings that I had laying on the shelf that I never installed yet, flipped the centering pin, and gave it a coat of my favorite, Rustolium in a can.
One down, three to go.

They sure do seem to have a good bit of arc to them. I thought they would be a bit flatter than that. They are very soft and easy to flex by hand though. I was told they were stock, but were on the Jeep when he bought it used so he wasn't 100% certain.
0218031926a.jpg  
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #11652
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
For a small jeep, why 18'? Should it not be the shortest run possible? Thats what i was taught and verified. The wavelength of an antenna is more critical, if at all, than the length of feed line. Also, due to the velocity factor of different types of feed line, signal strength may be affected. (lossy factor).

For my mobile radios, i run the very shortest feed line and the thickest i can apply-- generally LMR400. My multi band vertical on the truck works from 28MHz to 3MHx, all with the same 8' of feed line. Not to flame or anything, but why so much feed line when if its shorter you may mitigate signal loss?

the box looks cool-- does it stay cool under operation?
I always have the best luck tuning with the SWR meter when I use a 1/2 wave length cable. I've used a short run before and ran out of adjustment on the antenna. Put a 1/2 wave length cable on it and it tuned right in.

It works, I aint gonna fix it

The bottom of the center console is open. I have never had my head units get hot in there. Then again, it does not get all that hot here either...

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #11653
jcalhoon84
1980 CJ5 

Fought with the front spindle and the d30 u-joints! Powder-coated the brake dust shield and brake caliper bracket. Hope to reinstall my front hub etc. tomorrow and then install my new Besrk bumper!
jcalhoon84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #11654
jason400
1985 CJ7 

Installed a new weber 32/36. Runs great.
jason400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #11655
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Well went get a new wheel cylinder to replace my busted one and new u bolts to replace the stripped ones. Which now also stripped so tomorrow I'm going Togo to trailer supply company and get some beefy ones. Yayyy lol driving the work truck over night and tomorrow till I get it fixed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.