What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 762 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #11416
dawnatron
1977 CJ5 

Last thing I did was rode it hard and put it up wet ... FINALLY! Been working on this and that since first of last month, first time we took it 4 wheeling since we brought it home from the ranch!

dawnatron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #11417
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnatron
Last thing I did was rode it hard and put it up wet ... FINALLY! Been working on this and that since first of last month, first time we took it 4 wheeling since we brought it home from the ranch!
How she hold up?
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #11418
dawnatron
1977 CJ5 

To be honest, she did better than I did! I was on some loose rock so steep I couldn't see over the hood. Got quite the adrenaline rush.
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #11419
Lifted96ZJ
1973 CJ5 

Sunday nights I have to stay up all night because I work nights Monday-Wednesday so I decided to get some work done last night, I was out in the garage until 3am getting small things done. Started stripping everything down to get the tub ready for paint and also for a new wiring harness. Also worked today on it before going to work.

Getting it stripped down

Originally I thought that I would keep the solid rear gate but recently decided that I need the tailgate for other things that I will have going on later down the road so I cut that out today. Just need to find a gate.

I also hacked the rear supports off of my cage because I'm going to extend the cage into a family style roll bar and took off the fenders to make wiring easier. It also opens up space for me to clean the front half of the frame, the engine and get a few small things wrapped up in the engine bay. Not to mention it should make the fenders easier to prep for paint.

Progress is moving right along!
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #11420
dawnatron
1977 CJ5 

and next to the plastic toy Jeep you're already winning.
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #11421
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnatron
To be honest, she did better than I did! I was on some loose rock so steep I couldn't see over the hood. Got quite the adrenaline rush.
Dope! Fun stuff eh?
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #11422
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Well today I went out and bought braided fuel line, a bunch of an fittings, a new performance fuel filter and a new air cleaner assembly. Got it all installed and now I have no more fuel leaks and the engine looks better!

image-1554230110.jpg

image-2614624675.jpg

image-1861554889.jpg
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #11423
blackolive99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7
Well today I went out and bought braided fuel line, a bunch of an fittings, a new performance fuel filter and a new air cleaner assembly. Got it all installed and now I have no more fuel leaks and the engine looks better!
That looks sweet man!
blackolive99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #11424
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackolive99

That looks sweet man!
Thank you!
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #11425
JeepWillis
1983 CJ7 

Picked up my 83 CJ-7 Friday. No brakes, rear main seal leak, bad carb, rust, etc. Re-did the rear brakes, new drums. Pulled the interior, prepped and Monstalined the interior. Put a used spare tire rack on and took it back to the mechanic. Oh god, this is gonna be expensive!
JeepWillis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #11426
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Cleaned up the wiring on my top of the rollcage winch. Fished the positive wire up inside the drivers side rollbar upright tube, and negative and remote down the passenger upright. Now I've got the winch overhead and no more huge cables cluttering things up. The last two times I winched it over on its' side, I couldn't climb out fast 'cuz I got caught in the mess of wires. Hopefully I'll be able to jump clear faster. If not, I'm gonna ditch the tilt nose and mount it on the front bumper like everybody else.
JeepWillis, Welcome to the poor mans Polo Club! I pray you find a mechanic who doesn't like boats or planes, and his kids have straight teeth. Otherwise...OUCH!
I was looking at your profile. You scored a Laredo? You Dog! You may wanna post some pics, and fill in your driveline info. That way if you need help/advice/etc..people will know what direction to send ya. Not me, but others here know their stuff. As you've likely already seen, people here are great w/helping each other out. And keep that grease monkey outta yer pocket! Sounds like you are full of energy and smarts. Good Luck getting it just the way you want it.
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #11427
Lifted96ZJ
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnatron View Post
and next to the plastic toy Jeep you're already winning.
That's the only way we know how in this family. In a Jeep!
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #11428
JeepWillis
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
Cleaned up the wiring on my top of the rollcage winch. Fished the positive wire up inside the drivers side rollbar upright tube, and negative and remote down the passenger upright. Now I've got the winch overhead and no more huge cables cluttering things up. The last two times I winched it over on its' side, I couldn't climb out fast 'cuz I got caught in the mess of wires. Hopefully I'll be able to jump clear faster. If not, I'm gonna ditch the tilt nose and mount it on the front bumper like everybody else.
JeepWillis, Welcome to the poor mans Polo Club! I pray you find a mechanic who doesn't like boats or planes, and his kids have straight teeth. Otherwise...OUCH!
I was looking at your profile. You scored a Laredo? You Dog! You may wanna post some pics, and fill in your driveline info. That way if you need help/advice/etc..people will know what direction to send ya. Not me, but others here know their stuff. As you've likely already seen, people here are great w/helping each other out. And keep that grease monkey outta yer pocket! Sounds like you are full of energy and smarts. Good Luck getting it just the way you want it.
Thanks Hutch! I know I've got my work cut out for me, but you're right, lots of energy. I'll get up some pics here soon.
JeepWillis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #11429
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I had a larado. It died though.

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #11430
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
I had a larado. It died though.

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
Are you sure it was dead?
Sent from my 17 pound rotary bag phone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.