Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  84 Laredo cj7 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#14,782 ·
I cleaned Sheetrock off my CJ today. A pipe in my garage burst and it happened to be directly above my jeep. Because, of course.

No damage to the jeep that I have found yet.

This is the third time this one pipe has busted. If I ever meet the designer and builder of my house he is getting a throat punch.

#14,788 ·
my buddy who is a professional photographer offered to shoot my 81. He usually shoots cars in the import scene (i.e., lowered hondas, toyotas, etc.) so he did my jeep for a change. haha. actually turned out pretty cool.

thats crazy

#14,792 ·
CJJohn01 said:
Built a dual battery tray. Like An idiot didn't think to take Picts until I finished !! Oh well! Just need to install it. Project for this weekend as I'm on duty 2morrow and Friday is full . (Sorry, won't let me attach Picts. says file is too big!?!?)
Try this: email the picture to yourself and send as medium or small file. Then get your mail and "save photos". Then when in forum mode choose the saved smaller photo. Tada!!! Long winded but works.

#14,797 ·
82JeepCJ7 said:
Steering gear box brace helps prevent that from happening. Built this one myself.
Thanks bro. Yes doing the same thing this weekend. The new one piece HD bracket, Borgeson HD steering shaft, steering box stabilizer and want to put in a steering damper
So got a question. Mycj5 did not have a steering stabilizer when I picked it up. I've done some extensive off roading without it and dealt with it just fine. Since it's nonexistent with my Cj can you pint me in the right direction as to adding one. I've got a skyjacker steering damper kit but not sure if my front end in it's current state has the usual hookups. I'm sure this is well covered in one of the threads.
btw. It drives straight as an arrow already but just thought it would help in some of our serious off-roading here.. the spinning steering wheel of death I've encountered a few times. Not trying to band aid anything just get a lil more ease

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#14,799 ·
KultureCJ5 said:
Thanks bro. Yes doing the same thing this weekend. The new one piece HD bracket, Borgeson HD steering shaft, steering box stabilizer and want to put in a steering damper So got a question. Mycj5 did not have a steering stabilizer when I picked it up. I've done some extensive off roading without it and dealt with it just fine. Since it's nonexistent with my Cj can you pint me in the right direction as to adding one. I've got a skyjacker steering damper kit but not sure if my front end in it's current state has the usual hookups. I'm sure this is well covered in one of the threads. btw. It drives straight as an arrow already but just thought it would help in some of our serious off-roading here.. the spinning steering wheel of death I've encountered a few times. Not trying to band aid anything just get a lil more ease Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
If you have the skyjacker with the brackets it's easy. One u bracket goes on the axle at the driver side wheel, the other bracket goes over the tie rod. Center your wheels, open the stabilizer halfway and tighten down the tie rod bracket.

#14,800 ·
My new HD one piece steering bracket should be here in the morning. Taking off my stock bracket.... Look what I found.a clean break.if that steering ever gets loose on your Cj. Check those steering column brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Money well spent.
The stud and nut setup that came with my HD bracket stripped out the first wheeling trip. I replaced them all with grade 8 flange bolts, and no problems since.

Sent from my HTC One SV using JeepForum