New Alternator / Voltage Regualtor / Sea Foam Treatment
I installed the new alternator ( finally got the right one after 3 attempts ). NAPA came through . I'm going to go to them first from now on. They cost a little more, but if it takes more than one trip to the discount places, the cost of gas makes up for the NAPA price. New voltage regulator also. Treated the upper end with Sea Foam. Took it for a drive in the country and seemed to run a little better. Still needs carb work. Picked up the rebuild kit today ( MC2100 ) and a gallon of Gunk carb cleaner w/ parts basket. Never rebuilt one before, but what have I got to lose.
Installed valve cover gasket for the 3rd time. Seems the section that goes around the head bolts (258 6 cyl) kept slipping off the mounting surface which gave me an oil leak. Will know in the morning if I got it right this time.
I put the sway bar back on the Jeep and installed the RE sway bar disconnects that came with the lift. I also cleaned the gunk off of my transfer case and decided that it needs to be opened up and rebuilt.
Added a leaf to 2.5" Skyjacker front springs to handle additional weight of Warn 8274 winch and mount. Used second leaf out of stock Jeep front springs as add in leaf. Had to file out center bolt hole in leaf but everything worked out well. Regained lost height.
Tore the pedal assembly down. Cleaned and re-packed the needle bearings. Cleaned, sanded and painted all of it and the steering column bracket- ready for reinstallation should that day ever come... Took measurments for material list for cage.