been a while since i have posted in here but here we go
I did some more work today sorta!!!
I managed to move the front Dana 60 axle from behind the jeep to the front where its home is, I also mounted the tires to the rims, and wheels to the axle and placed the axle to where it will sorta end up being, maybe a inch or so more.
here is the link to my build up. not a whole lot of info on it, but when i am done i will do a real nice write up http://www.levonius.com/adam/wheeling/1tonbuild.htm
well enough of the text now onto the eye candy/jeep porn.
in middle of surgery,
getting 14 bolt rear xj-springs,
frt Dana 60 YJ-springs
39.5X13.5R17 Bias Iroks,
black steelies will have K.O.R.E diy beadlocks
and mis other stuff will be done
Drove it to work ( regular work vehicle needed VA inspection ). Took it to a custom exhaust shop for a quote as the existing dual exhaust is rusty from the motor back. It's a little too loud with it right under the seats so thought it would be better to run it out behind the rear tires instead of in front. The guys first response was to tell me what I already know ( it's got a lot of rust ). I have gotten the impression that it's OK to tackle other small projects while waiting to do the more extensive stuff ( new tub / frame-up ). Am I wrong???
Moved it so my ice covered driveway could defrost.
That was a new one.
It was so warm on Saturday that the many inches of snow (about 8 on the lawn) melted as it hit, but there was so much it froze over, so my driveway looked like a frozen river. Different.
And today? Gone. Welcome to Colorado, that is why we love it. One day doughnuts the next doors off. Yee haw.
Yesterday I ran around town hunting parts (clutch, oil pump intake screen, replacement bolts) while my mechanic was pulling old engine and preparing remanufacured 258 long block. Hopefully if things go well (all parts come in) we'll have the new engine dressed today ready to drop in tomorrow.
replaced the vavle cover gasket. not a lot of fun. I sure hope I fixed the leak.
I did that over the weekend well replaced the valve cover and gasket but for the same reason (to stop an oil leak) and some how in the whole process my #6 cylinder lost compression. Mind you it ran perfectly before I changed the valve cover and the engine was rebuilt 4mnths ago. Just waiting on the phone call from my mechanic as to why I lost compression. Maybe I should have kept the oil leak.