What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 553 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 05-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #8281
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
Now that's funny!

One of the things I could never get used too when driving in a country with right-hand drive vehicles, is looking in the rear view mirror to my left. Takes me at least a week to get use to that.
Hey Keith what's funnier is when I go over to your fair country and keep getting in the wrong side of the car! There is ALWAYS someone watching going "another stupid Aussie".

AND stepping onto the road having checked that nothing is coming from your....right! Man I nearly bought the farm in Dallas doing that one day. Idiot me.

gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #8282
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Gazzo, the decals look great!

Just watch out for your pant legs as you get in and out of your Jeep because they will rub on the decals and start to peel the protective layer off. Ask me how I know.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #8283
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Thanks for the heads up. Two things though, Keith, one is I wear shorts over here unless it's 'kin cold in which case I'll find another Jeep to drive and secondly I'm so happy about this rebuilt masterpiece of American engineering complete with cool decals which actually worked this time that I jump in from five paces. Wifey thinks I'm looney but, as you'll certainly understand, stickers make me smile, a lot!

BTW, as you recommend lots of goo and lots of squeegying is the way to go with these pesky decals. (Not so sure about the red wine, I waited until halfway before cracking the first cold one)
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #8284
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
BTW, as you recommend lots of goo and lots of squeegying is the way to go with these pesky decals. (Not so sure about the red wine, I waited until halfway before cracking the first cold one)
Not me, I had at least a six pack before applying the decals and then finished halfway and switched to wine. As they say, at least what the wife tells me, "beer before wine is fine, but wine then beer is qu__r".

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #8285
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Too right! That ends in tears. Like switching back to Tequila after Scotch..bah!

So I gotta tell a joke. Finishing my CJ7 rebuild (sort of) and having a rusty old CJ8 hangin around reminds me of this one....

Guy walks up to his front door, smashed. Wife opens the door and there he is, lipstick all over his collar (I'm laughing already, I love this joke), stinking of cheap perfume, eyes half shut and looking all smarmy like the cat that got the cream.
She says "So what have you got to say for yourself?"

"You're next fatty!"
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #8286
Captainak
1982 CJ7 

Completed hood ready for install
image-2956276064.jpg   image-946194214.jpg   image-3652398918.jpg  
Captainak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #8287
Lego-26
1979 CJ7 

Captain that looks great. As for what I did today I started to swap out the stock seats for the racing seats that came with it when I got it. Yesterday I rehung the muffler and tail pipe before they ejected from the jeep. Last Saturday I used this forum to figure out why a stock 258 likes to blow oil everywhere at highway speed, and then went and got a breather cap. Tomorrow I will try to find a three wire switch for the wiper's.
Lego-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #8288
BlackCherry7
1976 CJ7 

Sold my hardtop and hard doors for $1200,ordered my new radiator and found out from the wife brown santa delivered my tow bar
BlackCherry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #8289
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
So a major day for my CJ! (IMO) I bailed from work early to go home and play with my new decals direct from Phoenix Graphics. Result: absolute success, I'm glad to say after the previous f%$kup. Thank you to Morris 4x4 for your outstanding customer service in refunding my original decal set purchase and (although it might create problems in saying so) refunding my direct purchase from Phoenix of the new set.
Look for my thread on Phoenix Graphics if you are contemplating going for the "original" look on your CJ rebuild. I'll bore you senseless over there.
Looking good there! I was looking at this trying to figure out what's different about this compared to Keith's thinking the "RENEGADE" on the hood was a different size but after looking more I think it's just that his is placed slightly higher on the curve of the hood? I know I've seen the Laredo decals in a few different places too, and on Jeeps with factory paint no less!

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #8290
scoutboater

1974 CJ5 

Lets see, I got the hardtop and all associated hardware off last night, that was fun...

Today, I started by driving it to work, always a good day :-D
Then I unfolded the bikini top and got to work figuring out how it attached. Not too bad really, and it does make some nice shade while driving.
Finished up by pulling the back seat out (it wasn't really attached anyway), and shop vaccing all the squirrel's leftovers out of the back, then driving it home and doing a little work on some home-made seat cushions.

I'll see if I can get pics later on this weekend.

Next on the list:
Finish the heater box I've had out since February.
Get the horn installed.
New ball joints, spring bushings, shackles (maybe), shackle mounts on the frame (definitely), and check all the tie rod ends. Should be fun.
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #8291
boarderofsnow

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainak View Post
Hey curious about the 4wheel to heel ...... I do stuff with the Wounded Warrior Project and Operation Injured Soldiers ...... I bought my CJ 7 3 years ago for that very reason..... Healing......
No problem. I don't want to highjack the thread here. Feel free to contact me john.purser@4w2h.org 4 Wheel to Heal is a Non-Profit Organization dedicated to taking Wounded Warriors on trail rides. Thank you for the support!
john.purser@4w2h.org
www.4WheeltoHeal.org

"Real Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags!"

CHECK OUT 4 WHEEL TO HEAL

4 Wheel to Heal http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f304/...-heal-1338074/

Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/19...iller-1194117/

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/boarderofsnow
boarderofsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #8292
boarderofsnow

1979 CJ5 

Spent most of the day chasing down a leak in the Hydro Assist Cooler. Did get some time to see how she performed in 4 Low. On a full width dana 60 Locked, with high steer arms, and 42in IROKS, turning was never so easy! My hat is off to PSC I would just like instructions next time.....
hydro-assist-5-.jpg  
john.purser@4w2h.org
www.4WheeltoHeal.org

"Real Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags!"

CHECK OUT 4 WHEEL TO HEAL

4 Wheel to Heal http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f304/...-heal-1338074/

Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/19...iller-1194117/

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/boarderofsnow
boarderofsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #8293
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
Looking good there! I was looking at this trying to figure out what's different about this compared to Keith's thinking the "RENEGADE" on the hood was a different size but after looking more I think it's just that his is placed slightly higher on the curve of the hood? I know I've seen the Laredo decals in a few different places too, and on Jeeps with factory paint no less!
I took a lot of measurements before I sent everything to the painter. I put these on according to those measurements. Reckon I got em pretty close. Did the hinge thing a bit too to get the letters straight.
Unread 05-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #8294
SOTXmudder
1984 CJ7 

Started to attack all the cancer that is on the body. After sanding all the spots down to bare metal the rust honestly doesn't look that bad. This weekend is going to be devoted to my jeep with the exception of saturday night. I don't think the girlfriend would understand me spending the night working on the jeep instead of spending it with her.
SOTXmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #8295
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Front pass turn signal stopped working. Soon now both front signals stopped working. Replaced bulbs and still nothing. Replaced actual sockets and nothing. Fuse is good and rear blinkers work fine. Sometimes driver side works. Parking lights are fine too. Now I'm replacing switch inside column but waiting a few hours for new one to arrive.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.