What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #61
bigbeast77

tried to bolt up the flex plate to my new (to me) 258 and found that the theads were stripped in one hole. gonna try some permatex thread repair tomarrow. i also pulled out my AC evaporator and blower motor. im converting my pump to a air compressor.

bigbeast77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #62
VaCJ79
1979 CJ7 

took the top and doors off....it finally got above 50
in Va today
VaCJ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #63
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Took off the super enormous WARN sticker which was on the hood from the PO....looks much better now.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #64
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
Took off the super enormous WARN sticker which was on the hood from the PO....looks much better now.
did it come off OK?

(that was easily the biggest sticker I'd ever seen on a Jeep)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #65
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Took my plow off, I guess it will snow now.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #66
LSUtiger
1980 CJ5 

I installed a brand new rear driveshaft. Put on a new glovebox door and grab bar. The jeep did not come with them and now the glovebox door hits the grab bar. It seems that I am missing a dash brace. Also found out that the front and rear are geared different. Good day Bad day:suicide:
LSUtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:49 AM   #67
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonhoss71
did it come off OK?

(that was easily the biggest sticker I'd ever seen on a Jeep)

Hoss

Yes....it took 3 hours to get it....and I agree it was the biggest sticker I have ever seen on a Jeep

The sticker was kind of baked on the hood from the heat of the engine so even with using a hair dryer to make it more plyable it still would rip every inch or so...

I tried WD40 and Goo Gone on the sticky stuff after I got the sticker off, neither worked very well so after an hour or so of messing with that my wife suggested one of those magic erasers....it worked like a charm....took 4 of them to get all the sticky off.

I buffed the hood with Zymol cleaner wax and put a coat of Meguires Show car polish on it....looks brand new.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #68
GasAxe
1983 CJ5 

Turned the garage light on, looked at it sitting there half torn down, on jacks. Sighed, turned the light off. Went back to figuring out how to buy "must need" parts as cheap as possible.
And by the look of his avatar and name... not a hippie.
GasAxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #69
From78To83

PB Blasted the body bushing bolts and suspension parts, getting ready for a 2 1/2" lift and polyurethane bushings. Seafoamed the carb.
'83 CJ-7 Renegade......258, Holley 390, Offy Intake, Clifford 6 into 2 Headers, Clifford Cam, Juicebox TFI, LUK Pro Gold Clutch, Flowmaster Hushpower II's, 4 row radiator, 20 gallon tank, and blazer heater motor so far!!
From78To83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #70
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

double-checked the coffee can that is stiing under my Jeep which is catching the gear-oil that is dripping from my leaking trans/t-case...

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #71
Vaultnjay

I went and pushed on the brake pedal to see if the brakes decided to fix themselves. They did not sadly so I guess I will be trying to determine which wheel cylinder is bad and fixing it. Jeez.

J
Vaultnjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #72
egabriella

CV driveshaft
'95 Honda Prelude V-Tec
'97 Mazda Millenia DD
'71 240Z project
egabriella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #73
Shameless Elmer
1983 CJ5 

Removed the ignition switch so I could gain access to the brake light switch to adjust it. Had to remove the spring on the brake pedal to reach the switch. Got the switch adjusted but am now having installing the spring.
Shameless Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #74
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

What a bad day I had..finshed up mt heater core install,took it for a ride after letting it warm up and checking for leaks,and low and behold when I got back it was gushing worse than before..Disgusted with the 7,I pulled the scrambler out of the car port,and I forgot I used a tie down to hold the rear of the carport down to the rear bumper of ther scrammy...BANG whent the back of the carport...It now has a custom fastback look to it...all in all a good day
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #75
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaultnjay
I went and pushed on the brake pedal to see if the brakes decided to fix themselves. They did not ...
Man, I laughed out loud when I read that. I dont know why but thats pretty funny. I can completely relate. Ive been hoping my oil leak would fix itself for a while now... cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.