Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#9,121 ·
Replaced my rear axle seals and installed Tracker rotors. I used the old outer seal plates as a bearing retainer/shim so that I don't have to chop up the brake backing plates. That way I'll have them if I ever want to go back to drums and also to piss off the little lady/neighbors with more discarded jeep parts.

Both the seal plate and the drum backing plate mic'd at 0.125 so I think it'll work. Did have to grind the seal a little but was much easier than cutting up the drum plate.

#9,122 ·
Waiting for my stainless hood kit, new headlight rings, turn signals and side markers to come in. Tried to go a month without buying anything or working on it, but just couldn't do it.:p

Took the side markers off and scratched my head at this. It seems to me that it would be more work to mask them off than it would have been to remove the two screws.:confused: All four are like that, along with the hood hardware and vent.
Gotta love them crazy PO's....

Yeah, like, why paint over red? (back me up here, red CJ clubbers)

#9,126 ·
Continued to remove a layer of paint and a layer of cheap bed liner. Attempted to remove windshield frame and smashed my thumb. After getting back from ER, ordered new windshield frame and many, many more needed parts and accessories. Productive day!

#9,129 ·
So, I got some used tires for it. it can roll again!

Also bought and installed a tow bar so I can tow it up to my new house.

Ripped out my back seat. two of the nuts for the mounts are floating so i actually ripped it out. Looked over the tub a bit and am thinking a new tub will be in order once i start tearing it down. :(

cleaned it out a bit so I will be able to use it as a trailer when I move.

#9,134 ·
Finally I fixed muy brakes!!... After upgrading from mechanical to vacuum booster, I felt my brakes wasn't working properly, it was difficult to stop my Jeep .

I changed everything, MC, Distribution valve, pads and no solutions.... well, solution was in front of me. The vacuum hose were collapsing because of the pressure and having the wrong type of hose. I changed to a better one more resistant and voila!!... Now I have brakes, can do an emergency brake with enough confidence!!!

#9,138 ·
Damn! Great job!
X2

Is that bedliner or just paint?
Woohoo! Pretty schmicko there jdboy.
Looks great !!
Thanks for the great comments all! It's the Monstaliner tintable kit in Jeep Spice. All in all it was a lot of hard work leading up to the install but well worth it. I had to replace some metal under the roll bar mounts then scuff and sand the entire tub. Took about 4 days to get everything done then another day to let it dry enough to put the interior back together carefully.