Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#8,482 ·
#8,484 ·
Today I fixed the tears in the back corner panels which was done by the PO's PO putting a over-sized spare on the carrier...
My buddy Terry has a plasma cutter hehehe...so I got carried away and mistakenly patched over my gas filler...
Had no sand paper or blocks but went ahead a smeared a light coat of bondomatic on it..
Primed the bare metal and said what the heck,had a rattle can of paint so did that too for giggles...
It's temp anyway....right?

Attachments

#8,485 ·
I thought my clutch went out the a couple days ago. It was the weirdest thing, I had just got home from a drive, and I had to go back out. I put it in reverse to back out of the driveway and let the clutch out and nothing. No movement, didn't even die when I let the clutch completely out without any gas.

Well apparently I somehow bumped the t-case into neutral :p

#8,487 ·
I swapped a beat up and rusting out driver's side mirror for a new stainless one.

My buddy Terry has a plasma cutter hehehe...so I got carried away and mistakenly patched over my gas filler...
I'm not trying to poke fun or anything but....
That's hilarious. :laugh:

#8,488 ·
I want a custom rear bumper with swing-out tire carrier, but first I needed to get rid of this tube bumper.

The brackets for the bumper were welded on to the subframe, badly on two sides and at an upward angle.

Ground the welds off and removed the brackets. Then ground the remaining weld material off and welded up two small cracks in the subframe. Then painted with a little Rustoleum.

Attachments

#8,491 ·
Figured out my intermittent pull and noise in the front. A seized u-joint in my left axle... GF is gonna love to hear I need to spend more on it!

#8,495 ·
Finished installing the new seats. They are a little tight in the knee area, but still usable. Thats okay because I plan a wheel well cutout for them soon.

Also finished the ARB compressor install and leak tested the fully assembled unit (comp, hose, and air chuck all connected), and I lost 6 PSI in 12 hours. Hell yeah!

Attachments