Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#6,444 ·
I let the wife take it out to the grocery store and she came back saying "that thing is running rough". Funny thing is, it's the smothest running CJ I've driven. She gets into the Dodge Ram and says, "see, I can't even hear the engine running". LOL. She don't know she don't know.

#6,445 ·
Hahaha mine says the same thing al2ride!!!!!!!
Friday i went to preformance off road and got a seccond opionion on some things met proly the awsomest person that i have in a very long time n he gave me a few pointers and things that need fixed were brought to my addention
Today im goin to reinforce my front bumper and creaye a few strong recovery points
Also if there is time repack my front bearings and new bushings in my leaf springs
Soo much to do in so little time

#6,446 ·
Finished up the design of the rear bumper for the most part, I have to pick up a piece of box steel and flat bar tomorrow. Next week end I will pull the tank and tack everything in place and then pull it to weld it solid. Still not sure about how I wont to tie it to the frame rails.

My son pulled the up hose to clean the T-stat housing neck to solve a slight leak.

#6,449 ·

Attachments

#6,455 ·
OK. I installed the new fuel (SW) gauge. I could not buy this in black so I will paint the chrome. I did not want to paint it until I knew it worked.

I added 3.5 gallons of fuel (tank was empty) and the gauge reads just at the top of the "E" (@ least I know @ "E" I have 3 gallons left :) ).

Below are pictures of the gauge resting w/the key off, and on (w/Jeep running). I'm happy, sender works fine and :) @ least "E" means "E" (well real close for a CJ).

Looking from the drivers seat, camera located @ the turn signal lever and on zoom.

Key Off:

Key On, guage coming up:

Gauge up:

Camera @ the turn signal lever and facing straight on.

Now looking from the drivers seat.