Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#6,209 ·
1981 CJ7 Truggy Frame Off Resto

This isn't the finished product, but I threw it together to get an idea of what it will look like. I also installed a larger transmission cooler with a freshened up 3 core radiator, the power steering lines, and a fresh set of valve cover gaskets. All I need to do now is connect my extended sway bar links, bleed the brakes and finish the exhaust and I'll be driving it. :2thumbsup:

Attachments

#6,211 ·
Well let's see:

-Finally got the front pads, rotors, calipers and hoses on.
-Put the new dash together, including speakers which required a slight modification to the parking brake mount.
-New shoes, hardware, wheel cylinders and drums on the rear.
-Met up with a guy that strips CJ's for parts and got a new steering wheel, horn pad, badges, mirror bushing, cable mounting tabs for tail gate and the elusive plastic cover discs for the front seat belt buckle supports.
-General garage clean up

Knew it was a productive day when the wife walked out to the garage and commented on how much I got done.:D

Not Jeep related but all of this was accomplished while listening to the football game on the radio. LOVE listening to football on the radio. Plus the Browns won. w00t, w00t!

#6,213 ·
Drove it for the first time!!! :2thumbsup:

#6,220 ·
SJM85CJ7 said:
The Browns would be the team that took it to the Colts. Peyton Manning or not, a win is a win!
Colts aren't the colts without Peyton manning.

Sent from my DROID X2 using JeepForum