What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 02-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #31
Bullwinkle

I looked at it...twice.

I saw it as I walked into the house, and saw it as I walked out. I haven't even driven it for a month. There's just hasn't been enough time in the day.

A week ago, I bolted on new interior door handles, and a new wiper switch knob, so it's not being completely ignored.

I also bought some new metal Blitz gas cans.

This summer i'm Rhino lining the tub & hard top, installing a new steering wheel, and maybe 1 piece axles.

Unread 02-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #32
Red_Ak_Ranger
1984 CJ7 

It's at my buddies house. I've been thinkin happy thoughts about it. Buying almost a thousand in parts. New front clip, wiring harness, Custom offroading dash.

I also am going to rent a sandblaster and eventually buy painting supplies, and about 78 lbs of kitty hair bondo and fiberglass.
Red_Ak_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #33
famicom21

i drove to school and back with the top off...

and parked on the snowbank

good thread woody

i was gonna start it, but i was scared....
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #34
Beachjeep77
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Too cheap to buy new fender flares so I painted mine today. Re-mounted sparetire carrier after getting that painted. Ordered 250$ worth of parts for the jeep. Took the top off and put it in storage, getting warm down here in Myrtle Beach.
Beachjeep77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #35
ronprice

found out that after last weeks snow run I now have two flat tires
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #36
nyTroX
1978 CJ5 

I contemplated about when I was going to decide to actually start ordering parts for mine. I added up some prices, shuddered, and decided to wait a couple more days, since my b-day is coming up soon, hopefully the wife won't freak out too much about the bill.
Just to get it moving again would take 4 new tires, 4 new shocks, a total brake job, new steering column, tune-up, fix the intake manifold leak in the back of the engine(which of course means installing the Edelbrock 4-bbl and carb i have sitting on a shelf, and ordering a new cam, lifters, and pushrods), a new battery tray and get my driveshaft redone with a CV or double cardan joint (or whatever it is that I forgot the name of). Then come the little things, like a replacement top, steering wheel, seats and belts, etc..
I did hook up the battery again just to start it up and check some header temperatures though.
The saga continues, in perpetuity...
nyTroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #37
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I'm actually in the middle of replacing some floor rust in my CJ5. Probably about one more day of cutting/welding. Then, I plan to spray in Herc. After that, I'll bend up a full cage, mount my new (used but new to me) seats and do some harnesses. After that, I'll toss the D44 (that's scattered around my shed floor) under the front and put an ARB or Detroit in that. Last thing is to make a front driveshaft and maybe a spare rear shaft.. that should be it for now.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #38
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

Got parts today to continue my poormans rust-toration. Getting ready to pull front end apart to replace all original bushes and such. Clean up the paint on the rails and underbody. I'll start when my doctor release me from post-op appt. I hope soon. Sucks! Been home for close to two months from work and I can't even do any projects around here!
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #39
gtrpup2

I used mine to get out of work.. bad battery don't you know.
gtrpup2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #40
Shameless Elmer
1983 CJ5 

Installed the rear drive shaft and transfer case shift lever. Installed the inspection plate for the transmission/transfer case. Did some tuning on the carburator. Trying to get the warm/cold idle set. Took it for a ride around the neighborhood after dark because I have no tags or inspection sticker on it. Then I remembered I haven't installed the brake light switch yet. Couldn't figure out why people were on my rear so much when approaching a stop sign or corner I wanted to turn at.
Shameless Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #41
jeepduo
1978 CJ7 

not much today, put the door back together, got the tailgate ready to go back on
wrapped them both up. not really much.
Unread 02-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #42
hfjeff
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finished the rebuild on my T-177 after the FedEx guy dropped of my new input and mainshafts. Next I'll be tearing apart the Dana 300.
MY DAD's: 1978 CJ7/ AMC 360 .030" over/ Motorcraft 2100/ Edelbrock Performer/ Proform HEI Ignition/ Hedman Headers with dual Flowmaster 40's/ Taurus Fan/ FK-35 Control/ Painless Harness/ Rebuilt T150 & Dana 20/ 4" Lift/ 31" Procomp Mud Terrains/ All Fiberglass. (SOLD)
MY BROTHER's: 1996 ZJ Limited/5.2L/117K & Completely Stock.(SOLD)
hfjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #43
fluid_grind
1978 CJ5 

Bolted in my M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mounts for my new(rebuilt from 82 cherokee) 360 waiting to go in. I hope to rent a engine lift no later than this coming weekend and drop it in. Just finished painting my frame yesterday. 2 coats Por15 and 2 coats Por Chassiscoat. Finally headed the right direction with this build.

78 CJ5, rebuilt 360, with T-18 Transmission, D20 transfer with teralow, Dana 44s with OX lockers front and back, 4.88 gearing, SOA with RE 1.5 lift springs and high steer, 37x13 Boggers on 16" MT Classics : Project Jeep
fluid_grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #44
ademster
1982 CJ7 

Nothing Today. but sunday I rewired my Electric fan, lights, and installing new 33's Baja Claws. Next sunday or the following sat. doing a SOA, new gears front and rear... then in April, installed Revolver Shackles

afterthat.... I dunno Locker soon I hope.
39.5X13.5R17 Bias Iroks,
black steelies will have K.O.R.E diy beadlocks
and mis other stuff will be done
ademster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #45
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Changed the oil and filter on Saturday, installed the new fender flares yesterday, installed new clock and tach today. Tomorrow I'm going to install the new stainless steel brake lines UPS brought me and put on new tie rod ends. I still have new front brake pads, front wheel seals, speedometer cluster, volt meter, stock type oil pressure gauge, rear shackle hangers (waiting for the bolt out's to arrive), steering stabilizer, stainless steel dash knobs, body mount bushings and some new front parking lights (need help for some, hands got trashed in the Marines).
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.