Whew...man, ripped out carpet to find all sorts of holes and steel plates supporting seats. Removed seats and sanded the whole interior of the fiberglass tub. Cut out the back section and between fiberglass, resin, and gorilla glue it is starting to come together. Only took all of the last two days. Next weekend, finish sanding and leveling of seat mounts, 1/8 inch steel reinforcement for bed area then drill holes for seat mounts and body mount, insert new stainsless steel plates for all bolts top and bottom then.....bedliner...sweet!@!
Loud and Proud
Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is.
tried to change the exhaust gasket and ended up discovering the manifold is cracked... then tried to change the motor mounts only to find the stock nuts would not work on the new mount studs.... I love my CJ.
The dana 44/60 axle swap is complete! Tie rods and drag link finally in. Dana 60 rear is 5 lug semi float. Dana 44 front is ScoutII, knuckles turned, dana 30 outers with HD warn hubs. Knuckles tapered over the knuckle and gm 1 ton tie rod ends. Tube is 1.5" DOM with threaded inserts welded in. It only took 4 months! I did all fab work and design myself. And boy is that time consuming.
We just bought a CJ7, will post some pics as soon as I can find the camera usb cable. It was in excellent condition for an 82, but we now think it had an engine fire which is why the PO painted it camo and use it for hunting. It runs great, but we still have to fix a whole bunch of stuff. The first thing we did was paint over the camo a bright cherry red (not my choice, but I like it now) and herculine the floor. It's drying in my carport right now.
Woohoo, another Jeep!!
99 Wrangler Sport 6cyl, mods in profile
82 CJ7, up and running (barely)