What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #2266
longboy
2006 WK 

I went out to the garage and looked at my garage art. Sadly, that's all that got done

Unread 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #2267
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Finsihed my front bumper build!
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #2268
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Drove the hell out of mine in the hot, hot sun...and my poor dog whimpered all the home.
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #2269
CJfreak
1975 CJ5 

Got a good start on my wiring. I thought about getting a cheap universal harness but after considering I'd have to snip and splice in all my old connectors anyway I decided just to do the splicing by the fuse block under the hood where there were all snipped. There really isn't that many wires under the hood. I literally wiped every wire down with soapy water checking for burns or cracks and making them identifiable, bought a couple packs of the wire harness tubing for 3 bucks each and rebuilt what I had which wasn't as bad as I thought. The engine turns over with spark when I turn the key and I should have the gauges installed and wired tomorrow. All that will remain will be the lights which could be a bit trickier. Next I suppose I should actually run the fuel line and hook the carb up along with all the vacuum lines. I still need to finish some welding on the cage and mount it but unlike wiring and carbs, that at least is something I understand and shouldn't run stuck on. I may just have this thing done for Silver Lake dunes next month!
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #2270
Kilrain
1947 CJ2A 

Replaced the driver's side rear wheel cylinder. Bled the brakes. Adjusted the brakes.
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #2271
Woolys_CJ7
1976 CJ7 

Rebuilt the Carburator, now to get the choke set up correctly.
Woolys_CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #2272
Crazyray2929
1981 CJ7 

Slapped on a D-Ringed front bumper..Took off all the snaps and rails for the soft top..I don't need no stinkin soft top...
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #2273
keitht
1978 CJ7 

Drove it for about 250 miles with the top off. I just got it back yesterday from having a 4" Rough Country lift and a shackel reversal installed. Also got rid of the 3" body lift. It drove great no vibrations or wandering around at all.
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #2274
longboy
2006 WK 

Got 'er reassembled after painting the new armor, and pulled it out of the garage. Also finally got new shocks installed on all 4 corners.

The tube fenders are satin black for now, hopefully the whole jeep will get a much-deserved paint job and body work in the next 12 months or so.
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #2275
gmgreen
1983 CJ7 

Nice lookin CJ longboy.
gmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #2276
rkbell
1977 CJ5 

Made an 8-ball shift knob from a spare 8-ball I had laying around (way cheaper than the $40+ most places want to sell them for). Installed new bikini top - definately helps keep some of the brutal sun off me.
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #2277
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbell View Post
Made an 8-ball shift knob from a spare 8-ball I had laying around (way cheaper than the $40+ most places want to sell them for)...
I like the way you think!

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #2278
rkbell
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
I like the way you think!

Hoss
Oh man! I've got a whole extra set of pool balls. Think I might do the T-case shifter as well now! Also a suicide knob for the steering wheel, hood ornament, air cleaner nut - let me see now that's 5 so far including the shifter - got 11 left including the cue ball. Might have to install a jockey shift on my Harley

If I had two extra sets, I'd do the '7' '7' thing... Hmmm...
Unread 06-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #2279
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I actually ordered an entire new set to replace my current one's, just so I could drill/machine them.

I actually have a small vending machine size 8-ball for an air cleaner, as well as a machined 3" aluminum beer keg
(thank-you high school shop class)

going to do the 1/9 combo for my Commando (yellow)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #2280
3S00W
2009 JK Wrangler 

I looked at my CJ and decided I would turn er around. So I pushed it a 180 and now it faces a new direction. Feeling of accomplishment! Now back in Memphis for work. Next time I go home, I may sit in it and dream about finally rebuilding it...
3S00W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.