I tried to put a power brake assembly on from a 79 CJ7 and found out that the push rod for the brake bracket is 3/4" short. Needless to say I ripped everything off and I will stay with manual brakes until I can get the rod extended.
Removed the AC compressor (dead clutch), fixed the leaking thermostat housing. Adjusted the throttle linkage to enable full throttle on the injection unit. Discovered dual cats in the exhaust. I think my SB conversion may actually be fully street legal!
I finally cut down the huge lift shackles my brother put on my CJ...they were 2" lift shackles, made the Jeep nearly impossible to keep between the lines especially on a rough road at highway speeds. I have stock springs so no need for lifted shackles. I simply drilled new holes on 3" centers and cut off the excess, trimed corners, ect...and wha-la...new stock length shackles. The CJ is a pleasure to drive now! But Murphy still got me today, flat tire, ripped sidewall...geeze. Oh well, now it's time for some new 31" TSL's
Discovered a fuel leak coming from the front of the motor......Great just what I need, it's not coming from the fuel pump, lines leading to the pump, looks like it's coming from behind the lower pully on the front of the motor!
Latest Buy: 1978 CJ7, 4" Pro Comp Lift, 33's, 304 V8/TH400/BW1305 Quadra-Trac....soon to be 14 bolt/D60,TH400 Tailshaft swap to Twin Stick/Clocked D300, SOA, YJ fronts, XJ Rears, Comp Cut Rear and Tube Front Fenders
Trail Rig Build - 89' XJ, 4.5 RC Lift +1.75 Daystar Budget Boost= 6.5 " lift, 35x13.50 MT Claws, NP 231, Bushwacker Cutouts - Lots more too come