Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  84 Laredo cj7 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#22,001 ·
Agreed on that one. Wish they would wave every once in a while but they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I daily drive my cj5 and see many jeeps go by. Almost all wave back except for the JKU's. I just keep waving in hopes they'll "get it". Evey so often I'll get a wave back,but very rare.
Today, I actually had one wave first...I nearly drove off the road in excitement!
They CAN learn!!!

#22,003 ·
Adjusting the climate in the enclosed cabin to try and mimick what's happening outside in our open air cjs. Maybe I will get flamed for this but when I see a jk with the top off the lines just don't look right. All those door surrounds just look funny. And if the doors are off as well, it looks even more funny. Like someone stole them and they are just having to drive it with the doors off until they can replace them.

But they have sure sold a ton of them so it works I guess. And it's still a jeep.

But there are many in here that probably own one alongside their cj. I can tell you it would be nice to have that enclosed a/c when it is 90 and 100% humidity here in GA. Peeling myself off the vinyl seats after a 10 min drive is no fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22,004 ·
You need to cut them some slack. They probably did not see you wave...they're too busy looking down at their phones.
the wave has slowly died. not just 4x4s. We also ride and in earlier times riders would give the wave, especially if it was a similar bike. Now days? Not nearly as before.

#22,005 ·
Here in Idaho I swear everyone has either a jeep or bike, maybe both. I even get waves from fellow Camaro drivers.
I'd say about 99% wave, even the passengers. The JKU drivers will learn eventually, especially after I give them the one fingered wave for not waving back. ;P

#22,007 ·
Here in Idaho I swear everyone has either a jeep or bike, maybe both. I even get waves from fellow Camaro drivers.
I'd say about 99% wave, even the passengers. The JKU drivers will learn eventually, especially after I give them the one fingered wave for not waving back. ;P
The general rule of thumbs is that "OLDER Jeeps have seniority". So, those newer Jeeps are supposed to be waving to YOU (CJ5) first. Somehow that golden rule/moment seems to be fading with modern times. When I lived in MS, I thought I was a celebrity because I got more waves then ever being on any red carpet. Things noticeably changed around Flagstaff back to Cali. Unless you were raised around good ole habits, it's hard to expect them from the newer generations. Harley folks were always different. No matter where i ended up, they were always friendly and social. Kind of makes one wonder why they were so stereo-typed. Every run I ever went on was FUN no matter what anyone looked like!

>>> Waving to cj5chic :wave:

#22,009 ·
It happened! I stopped by the gas station to fill up as gas is back down below $2.00 a gallon. A young man drove up in one of the Italian Renegades which was a gloss almost olive drab color and had a "1941" decal on the fender. I guess you can call it "stolen valor."

He knew nothing about a CJ5 and asked several questions. He finally asked "How do you like my new Jeep?" I bit my tongue and just told him "I'm not into modern SUV's and it would be hard to take the top off on a day like today."

With the dark tinted windows it will be hard to see him wave too.

#22,012 ·
After some **** talking with a buddy, we ended up in a mud hole today. Never, ever, ever, EVER!!, will I go mud bogging again. 10 minutes of fun, and all day tomorrow cleaning up the mess.:frown2:
A buddy that was with us asked me to let his wife ride along with me. I don't think she expected this when she said she didn't mind getting a little mud on her.:grin2:

#22,014 ·
Back in the '80's I used to enter mud run competitions twice a year at the local fairgrounds. These events were always on Sundays.

Monday was a work day but I always had to take that day off to entirely clean the jeep...removing wheels, brake drums, etc.

Mud gets everywhere! Including places that you can't hose out all that well, like inside the frame.

When you're done hosing tons of mud off of your jeep, you're left with the mud all over your driveway. Now, you have to get rid of that!

I hate mudding!

Rich

#22,015 ·
Back in the '80's I used to enter mud run competitions twice a year at the local fairgrounds. These events were always on Sundays.

Monday was a work day but I always had to take that day off to entirely clean the jeep...removing wheels, brake drums, etc.

Mud gets everywhere! Including places that you can't hose out all that well, like inside the frame.

When you're done hosing tons of mud off of your jeep, you're left with the mud all over your driveway. Now, you have to get rid of that!

I hate mudding!

Rich
I do too. It was a blast while doing it though. I'm definitely going back to rock crawling where I belong. You break something, you fix it, you're done.

#22,016 ·
After some **** talking with a buddy, we ended up in a mud hole today. Never, ever, ever, EVER!!, will I go mud bogging again. 10 minutes of fun, and all day tomorrow cleaning up the mess.

A buddy that was with us asked me to let his wife ride along with me. I don't think she expected this when she said she didn't mind getting a little mud on her.

10 min of fun for 10 years of crap falling in your face every time you roll up under it. I dont care how good you clean it, youll never find it all, but it will find you. I hate mud.

Reactions: skizriz
#22,018 ·
Finished a few chores on the CJ. Intstalled mechanical temp and oil pressure gauges, just because the originals make me a wee bit nervous. Made a filler plate to go in the orignal radio hole for the gauges, SES light for the TBI, and the push switch for the oogah horn. Its held in place with a couple of elevator bolts through the radio knob holes. Rattle can gloss black and we're done.
When I installed the Warn M6000 winch awhile back, the KC's had to be relocated. Drilled out a couple holes on the bumper, and rewired the lights to use straight battery feed to the switching relay (fused of course) and using the acc side of the fuseblock for the switch power. Pretty darn bright now! Even did a paint job on the winch control cover. Rustolem is my friend... God bless.
Jon in Tucson

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#22,019 ·
After some **** talking with a buddy, we ended up in a mud hole today. Never, ever, ever, EVER!!, will I go mud bogging again. 10 minutes of fun, and all day tomorrow cleaning up the mess.:frown2:
A buddy that was with us asked me to let his wife ride along with me. I don't think she expected this when she said she didn't mind getting a little mud on her.:grin2:

Thanks for sharing. Proof of the old saying " Quit while your ahead" :smile2: