What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #1636
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

I secured all of my new SS brake lines to the frame yesterday.

Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #1637
cb_cooke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I finally got my temp. sensor guage working.
After taking apart the dash to get ahold of the speedo cluster and cleaning everyground I saw, it was the sensing unit on the block that was fried. Originally I gad cleaned it all pu when testing the connections and voltage. There were no moving parts on that little bugger, so I figured it only needed to be cleaned up.
If I just spent the $7 originally I would have cheated myself from hours of tinkering.

USN ret. 1987-2008

Now I'm livin' the Jeep lifestyle...it only stings a bit !
cb_cooke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #1638
1sik78cj7
1978 CJ7 

After removing the steering column to get to that d@-n brake pedal return spring, I cut 1/2 an inch off it, rebent it and put it back in. TaDah! pedal stays up and brake lights go off!! Pulled the headlight switch out, looked okay, so I put it back in until I could get around to ordering a new one. But after I put her back in, the headlights work! Great one less thing to replace. Also finished up the patch panel below the taillight on the driver's side. Had a nice bit of cancer back there that had to be removed. I pulled out the sway bar and soaked all the spring to axle u-bolts down with liquid wrench, getting ready to put in a 4" superlift. Since the drop pitman arm finally arrived, I'm ready to get started!
Unread 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #1639
LongueCarabine
1985 CJ7 

Drove mine to work today, needed to get some mileage on her, she's been sitting too long due to what I eventually figgered out was an electrical problem.

After a rebuilt carb and new coil, I figured out that it was the magnetic pickup coil in the distributor.

The Iron Mistress runs a lot better now.

LC
LongueCarabine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #1640
SparkyB
1979 CJ5 

I ground off the rest of the bolts holding the roll cage in. I hate torx bolts. But now I can get to doing floor repairs.
SparkyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #1641
fastang
1982 CJ7 

Drilled mounting holes in my fiberglass cowl induction hood. Now I just need to get some new rubber spacers for the front of the hood so I can measure and drill for the front latches. Then pull it off and paint!!
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #1642
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Today nothing but this summer will be a busy one. I have accumulated a ton of parts for my baby. I have rocker guards, tires, seats, speedo, tach, tuffy overhead as well as center console, a Hurst shifter and a few other gadgets I haven't picked up yet.
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #1643
genghisman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Took 3 YF Carbs and combined them all into one working YF carb that runs my jeep like a champ now. Replaced my door hinges as well.
genghisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #1644
Rigor
1978 CJ5 

Finally got my fuel gauge working. There was a comedy of little things wrong that I have corrected over the last several weeks, but I dropped the tank today, tightened the power connector on the sending unit and made sure the gound was good and viola! A working gauge.
I've only had the thing for what...7yrs.
[SIZE="4"]()[/SIZE][SIZE="1"]_[/SIZE][SIZE="4"])()[/SIZE][SIZE="1"]_[/SIZE][SIZE="4"])[/SIZE]==[SIZE="4"])[/SIZE][SIZE="1"]_[/SIZE][SIZE="4"])[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Colorado Jeep Club Member #221[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Silver"]USN Jeep Hull #696[/COLOR]
[url]http://home.comcast.net/~morris19703[/url]
Rigor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #1645
jshi218
1986 CJ7 

Spent 1 hour getting steering gear box off and 4 hours getting the &*%^ pitman arm off. Then got ready to mount the new box and the %#@!& steel return line fitting froze to pipe and I bent the pipe trying to get it loose. Cant get another one till monday.
jshi218 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #1646
Havasu Living

1980 CJ7 

Went on a poker run and pulled the p-side brake hose out of the fitting and the d-side almost out. Did a trail repair on the d-side with new spare hose and put a plug in the p-side. Rode home on 3 brakes.
Unread 02-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #1647
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

Finished the twin shifters on the D300 and started back on the rear disk brake conversion. Now if I could just find some wheel studs that have a slightly longer shoulder to fit through the rotor.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #1648
nudomucho
1985 CJ7 

well mine is trivial....i put new winshield wiper arms and blades. now i can see when it rains...i never knew i could get so excited to see the UPS man at the door!

trent
nudomucho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #1649
ubergeek

I took it to the car wash when it was raining out, so I could spend some time degreasing the engine. It's a bit cleaner now.
ubergeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #1650
SWAcapt
1979 CJ7 

I just finished repainting my jeep in 'midnight metallic blue'. I painted it white back in 1987. It was originally black.

Paint Prep:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...DSCN0169-3.jpg

Painting
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...t/DSCN0176.jpg

All Done
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...t/DSCN0181.jpg

1979 CJ-7, 'built 401', 4-wheel discs, Rhino-lined, 2.5 lift, Original Owner!
SWAcapt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.