This week i pulled out my 360 and sold it. Then I tore apart a sm-465 and replaced the main shaft so i can bolt it to a dana 300. This was not all that hard i would be glad to help anyone if you need it almost enjoyable. Today i am cutting the fenders both front and rear. And am Putting in led tail lights. This week i hope to get the chevy engine in though I can't start it because the wireing harrness is still two weeks out from being done. also my windshied was rotting so replaced that also.
I power washed my engine compartment and cleaned up my wiring then contemplated for an hour why my rear to cylinders weren firing. After electicuting myself a few times trying to checkl the plugs i realized that somewhere along the line i got spark plug wires switched from the distributor ugh!! Felt like an idiot.
Looks great now tho!!
Disregard everything i say
I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
Went and bought all the parts for the JeepHammer headlight re-wiring scheme (all nicely laid out with some of the tools I'll be needing for the job as well)
Then decided it would be an absolute waste of an unheard of 70° day in february to not take the top off and go tooling around town with the lady
So I did that rather than accomplish any actual work...
1985 CJ7 Project Phase One : 5.3L Vortec/4L60E, Moser axles for AMC20, Twin Stick'd Dana300 - Completed Phase Two: Bedliner, Rollcage, Seats, BESRK Rear Bumper w/ tire swing, Soft Top, and a few other goodies - Mostly Complete Phase Three: Waggy 44 front, Scout D44 Rear, 4.56's, ARB's (F/R) SOA with YJ Springs, 35x12.50x15 BFG MT - Not Even Close to beginning
Also a mostly rust-free 1970 Scout 800A That I'll get to start working on someday...
Chrome won't get you home...BUT Rattle Can Black may just get you back"
I started just to change the oil pan gasket,then seen very slacky timing chain..so replaced that..I may as well replace water pump and thermostate.. today i replaced the rear main seal..and the front trans seal...as it was leaking gear oil out of bell housing..
I installed new Mile Marker hubs. I replaced my tail lights and bolted on new d-ring mounts. I got my old rear driveshaft off after 6 days on and off of dealing with a completely corroded rear model 20 yoke. Next will be the front. Tomorrow ill take the front off and install the new one. PO's plus rusted bolts are a terrible combination.
Well today I installed new front seats... Bestop Pro...
I also put a new radio in and a new console...
Then I drove it around a bit ran some errands and got a new shifter boot for it... the old one was long forgotton and worn out.. put that on and now I'm gearing up for tomorrows CJ adventure...
Oh By the way last week I put in a new one peice axle in the rear end... that was a pain in the a$$...