This week I took apart my dash and cleaned up the wiring in prep for painting the dash. Verified all lights work and all dash gauges work properly, drove it to make sure there were no gotchas. and mocked up everything then painted the dash, with truck bed coating which looks awesome. Put all the accessories back on the dash and patted myself on the back for a job I have been working on since xmas, well done! The dash looks good. Now I have to get ready for the Bestop replacement seats I ordered. BTW, if anyone is looking, Weber 34 DGEC carbs are on clearance at Acme Jeep Parts:
I got done with my LowMax 4:1 in the Dana 300, put oil in the tcase. Fixed the speed sleeve on the clocked input shaft. Changed the oil in the T-5 to GL-4. Got bolts to mount the tranny isolator. Cleaned the nasty skid plate. Got the D300 on a tranny jack but ran out of daylight before I could get it stabbed onto the tranny. That's for tomorrow and by far the hardest part of this 4:1 conversion.
Dropped in a 95 YJ power booster for my brakes....Great upgrade! Also, installed a Flex-A-Lite fan.......easy to do job. Installed a new Flowkooler water pump as well as a new 180 degree Summit high flow thermostat......Busy day, but all fun.
Found a sweet deal on some Alloy USA axles. Shredded the stock axles last weekend. Today was a busy day.
Installed new Moog ball joints, new axles, replaced bent spring, installed boomerang shackles in front(upside down), Replaced trans filter, replaced spindle bearings, and modified fuel neck.....I'm tired.
I backed it out of the garage under its own power... that is of course after I realized the transfer case was in neutral and I couldn't figure out why the clutch wouldn't engage... ahh the things we do months earlier that we forget.