Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#2 ·
Today? Nothing.
Tomorrow? Mounting a winch.

Reactions: Tim860
#5 ·
Well, my new to me '65 CJ5 is getting all new brakes which were ordered a week ago. So this morning I contacted the vendor and asked where my shipment was! Yesterday I packed the cleaned orig. wheel bearings (20,765 orig. miles) and statically set the ignition timing in preperation of starting it for the first time in many moons. I'm slowly bringing it back to life after being stored for over 10 years. Found two humungous black widow spiders living in the front brake drums.

Much more to do so I'm working on it a little every day.

#6 ·
Today? How 'bout since I bought it? I keep a spreadsheet. (yes, a little type-A, I know)

September 23, 2006 Removed decals (L&R rear quarters), removed tub trim and adhesive, replaced taillight covers/back-up bulb, replaced both front side marker bulbs, and welded set-screws on shifter arm, adjusted clutch.

September 24, 2006 Oil/filter change, cleaned/oiled air filter, replaced PCV valve, repaired/welded spare-tire bracket, and removed visors/brackets.

September 25, 2006 Repaired exhaust /replaced muffler/hangers/tailpipe.

September 26, 2006 Removed air-pump tubes/brackets, replaced battery hold-down, new bolts/ driver's side motor mount, and reattached motor ground, welded cap for exhaust.

September 28, 2006 Replaced rusted/missing horn ring with '93 YJ set-up.

October 31, 2006 Replaced passenger-side motor-mount, repaired horn, and replaced defrost indicator on dash.

November 6, 2006 Temp repair to bell crank shaft, ordered new bushings. Installed new shift boot, tightened shifter knob. Removed stock steps from driver/pass side.

November 14, 2006 Removed non-working interior AC unit, including fan. Removed A/C plug under dash, and cleaned up wiring.

December 1, 2006 Mounted and balanced 'new' solid aluminum rims, including spare.

December 5, 2006 Replaced fuel filter, installed new fuel pressure regulator and set @ 3.5 PSI (Weber recommended). Removed non-working radio.

December 8, 2006 Replaced spare tire stop and hardware.

December 19, 2006 Replaced hood hold-downs, windshield bumpers, and footman loops on hood.

December 22, 2006 Replaced stock passenger side seat with Rampage model, welded driver side floor mount, fabricated drivers-side seat slide adjuster, and ground-down slide bolts.

January 4, 2007 Installed new wiper knob, removed factory dash speakers, purchased chrome grill surround.

January 9, 2007 Installed 'new' 32x11.5x15 spare tire, and installed new rear license plate frame/plate cover.

January 25, 2007 Installed new Clarion dash speakers, repaired antennae base and installed 'new' antennae, cut-out opening, wired and installed 'new' Pioneer stereo.

January 29, 2007 Installed new floor drain plugs and bolts to fill factory step holes, fab'd and installed new bumper bolts for spare tire mount.

January 30, 2007 Installed rear speaker wiring and MTX speaker box.

February 5, 2007 Installed 'new' center console, fab'd mounting brackets, and seat belt brackets.

February 13, 2007 Repaired broken zipper-pulls on left rear and back windows of soft-top.

February 23, 2007 Replaced front park/turn lenses and bulbs, painted interior housing. Replaced drivers front fender side marker lens. Drained and refilled trans/t-case fluid. Tightened t-case linkage nut. Trimmed and installed front and rear floor mats.

#8 ·
KrazyGimp said:
Nothing today, but yesterday I threw on a set of new Dayton Timberline MT's and went snow wheeling. It was a blast, these tires rule.
X2 on the tire, today I'm going to check mine out so I can drive it to work tomorrow since I have to fordge a stream to get to the equipment. With all the rainand melting snow the water will be up.

#11 ·
looked at it and wondered why my power steering hose doesnt fit. thats what i get for not ordering it through a jeep catalog.

#12 ·
I'm on the last leg of a frame up restoration/engine swap that I have been doing for about 1 1/2 years. :brickwall Installed 99 Vortec 4.3L with a 4L60E trans. Sunday I finished wiring the motor and installed B&M shifter. Started right up and runs like a champ. :2thumbsup:
Today I ordered the front drive shaft from Tom Woods and Saturday I'm getting the exhaust done. Should be ready for paint in about two weeks.:banana:

#14 ·
drove to the corner store...Got home put new tires next to it,relized I'm going to have to chop the rear wheel wells...On the way to the store,the heater core gave up the ghost...Now I'm going out to start pulling it apart...

#16 ·
Looked at it in the garage as I took the trash out.

Then put a towel in the back seat for the local somewhat-stray cat (so she doesn't sleep on my bare upholstery).

#20 ·
finished my exhaust and some wiring for my 360 swap yesterday. Did more work on my buddys bronco 2 than mine unfortunately:mad:

Reactions: Dewisant