Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  84 Laredo cj7 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#12,023 ·
I have that same issue from PO and I wondered why!!???

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
if they're bent good change loose. whip out the torch or a sawzall and get new ubolts i place. enjoy. Its a 3 beer job.

we have a spring service place here locally that makes up custom length u bolts and that s cheaper than some catalog order item.

#12,027 ·
blackolive99 said:
Sadly, I watched Irene get loaded on a flat bed to go to her new home.
I got really close to what I wanted price wise.
Very nice gentleman who says he has a J10 and a couple CJ 7's at home. And after a twenty minute drive, it made me feel better knowing its going to someone who will appreciate it as much as I have.
Sad day mate. Never mind, the planets will line up again soon enough and most likely drop you right on top of a new one

#12,035 ·
skizriz, This is the first picture I thought of when you posted that.. :rofl:

One should never weld on a fuel tank like that. It could blow up LOL

Skizriz, youve been quite, is it because your getting so much done?

#12,036 ·
Bought a few more parts.....dimmer switch, fuel sending unit, HD flasher relay, original windshield hinges. The last few days I've been weeding out and adding to crap wiring. Ran a dedicated ground from the battery back to the fuel sending unit. I also ran one to the speedo. No wonder no one ever gets their fuel gauge working.....talk about a clusterflop.

#12,039 ·
Started stripping the firewall and the rest of the accessories off the engine. Waiting on a few gaskets to show up and then it's time to disassemble, clean and paint some of the engine parts and accessories so I have a cleaner engine bay!

#12,040 ·
Looks nice. Hey I asked the guys at ARB about OME springs for my CJ7 and they quoted up fronts from a FJ40 and rears off a Nissan patrol?! Which ones do you have there?
ARB are pretty much useless when it comes to CJ's. Order the YJ springs front and rear and get some 2.5" wide spring hangers for the front. I also got new spring plates to suit the wider front springs. There are some other bits that will make it easier to do the install but when your ready PM me or gimme a call.