What did I do wrong carb - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did I do wrong carb

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Don't worry, Jeff, the Gypsy and I have had a personal feud going for a while. It's a personality thing between the two of us, and it's not the norm around here. I apologize.

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of experienced and helpful guys around here.

Matt

Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #17
Knucklehead
1973 CJ5 

And I always thought that the racer's trick was Pam cooking spray.
Unread 02-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #18
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Don't worry, Jeff, the Gypsy and I have had a personal feud going for a while. It's a personality thing between the two of us, and it's not the norm around here. I apologize.

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of experienced and helpful guys around here.

Matt

We do? Umm... OK, that would be news to me

I didn't know we had a personal feud but guess maybe you considered it more important than I ever did. To me what is past is past and I don't hold grudges, and a new subject is a new subject. I actually agree with you over 95% of the time and have backed you up before and could go wheelin' with you tomorrow and laugh and have fun and never think a thing about what happens here on an online forum.

Me and one of my best friends can get into major arguments online in the RZR forums (he's just like you Matt) but it's just that; an online difference of opinion, sometimes he can be a bit of a know it all, even when it turns out in the end that he doesn't. It's just his natural personality but we're still friends and I don't think any less of him for it. And just like with you I have even warned him before when I noticed some people was starting to think he argued too much when he was arguing with someone else, not as an attack but just to let him know people sometimes think he pushes a bit too hard. He took it wrong at first but two days later on Saturday we went riding and during the ride he even asked one of our other friends about it and he said yep, SG was just givin' ya friendly advice man, your a naturally competitive person and ya push too hard and sometimes ya just need ta drop it and wait for more evidence one way or the other, not everything comes instantly. He kinda sulked for a few minutes as we got back on the trail but at the next stop he said Sorry, guess he was takin' it a little too personal and we all had a drink and it was over and done. Don't ever take something I say here too personal, this is an online forum and people have disagreements. Doesn't mean that I don't still respect you most of the time, even if you do annoy me sometimes. I don't hold grudges and certainly don't consider that we are having a personal feud.

SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post

I seen that once, but then I have seen racers do some strange things. Everyone has their own little tricks and some are just downright oddball. That one is like the white lithium grease and is actually not strange at all compared to some
Unread 02-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
bldams123
1986 CJ7 

thanks for the replies. Im an idiot its leaking from where the fuel line goes into the carb. I couldnt torque it down all the way cause the threads are messed up on the metal line. I guess ill get a new fuel line and then test for vaccuum leaks after that. I drove it down the block and it seemed like it had a lot less power than it did when i had the carter carb on there. i guess it needs some fine tuning.
bldams123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post

A roll bar pressurized with NO2 is a good trick

A 5 gallon filler neck is another good one.

Relocating the left front suspension back a few inches so your relocated engine would line up for tech inspection was another.

I could tell you some stuff we did in SCCA roadracing and autocrossing....
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #22
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
A roll bar pressurized with NO2 is a good trick

A 5 gallon filler neck is another good one.

Relocating the left front suspension back a few inches so your relocated engine would line up for tech inspection was another.

I could tell you some stuff we did in SCCA roadracing and autocrossing....

Sweeet, another GT-Crosser and Auto-Crosser. I also had a couple of Mopar drag cars. My big racing passion though was offroad racing and the Silver State and Pony Express which is Americas only legal on-highway road races.

Yea, SCCA autocross was the king of oddball mods, ever see an original Mini Cooper with a 427ci Chevy Stuffed in the back? It's hilarious and the off-side back tire come off the ground everytime it takes a corner.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.