What clutch for my CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What clutch for my CJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-04-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
halvard
1985 CJ7 

What clutch for my CJ

Hello all.

My clutch has started to slip, so I'm planning to replace it now before the wheeling season kicks of. My problem is that I am not sure which clutch will fit... It is a 85 CJ7. The original 258 has been swapped for a 304 by previous owner, origin unknown... The transmission is a T176, which I think is the original.

I have been reading up and think I am closing in... As far as I understand, I can use both 10.5" and 11" disc, and that it has to be 1 1/8 diameter shaft, 10 spline.

Can anyone confirm this?

4WD does not mention the diameter or spline count for their products... But I guess it will be OK when ordering for the correct year, as that depends on the transmission?

Any recommendations on which cluth kit to buy? The Jeep is used onroad and offroad. 33" tires. The engine has had some work done to it and is guestimated at 200HP.

Clutch Kit and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware
Clutch Kit and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware
Clutch Kits - SummitRacing.com

Thanks
Halvard

Last edited by halvard; 03-04-2010 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: typo
halvard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
304 , cj7 , clutch , t176

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.