What can make my 1985 CJ7 look cool? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What can make my 1985 CJ7 look cool?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

But seriously, build it how YOU want it, then no matter what it is cool to you...

And that poor CJ with the sculptured wheels, It's a shame they wasted an axle with 1 piece shafts for that.. wonder if they'd notice a switch..

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #32
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Try out some eyelashes for it!!
images.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #33
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

Manhattan that is a sick roll cage. I would like to do something similar. Which should I go towards, kit or build? I don't know how to weld, but would love something unique and save as much money as possible!
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
Manhattan
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyabs View Post
Manhattan that is a sick roll cage. I would like to do something similar. Which should I go towards, kit or build? I don't know how to weld, but would love something unique and save as much money as possible!
Thanks! The kits (hoop and 2-4 spreaders) are a great way to get a basic cage in a Jeep on a tight budget. Still need to find a good (!) welder, but much cheaper than a full-custom cage. Most custom cages - assuming you're paying for materials and labor - will be north of $1,000. And because China is building empty, unused cities (seriously, it's weird - Google it), steel has gotten more and more expensive.

Depending on your budget, design, etc... you could build a basic cage now, and add to it later. I've seen where guys did the 6-point cage with 2 spreaders, then later, pulled the cage, added door bars, seat mounting bars, windshield/dash bars...

This is my first (and long since sold) CJ. I started with a kit - the windshield hoop and two spreaders. Then I added the door bars, cross bracing, etc.

Unread 03-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
mvbrady
1986 CJ7 

Have a Hot chick in the passenger seat...or the drivers seat
mvbrady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
thompsoj22
1984 CJ7 

the best way to make a cj look cool

is to some how keep the hood closed and the tires turning!
thompsoj22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
big , cj7 , fun , jeep , old jeeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.