What is this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What is this?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 09-18-2014, 04:20 AM   #1
SAVRICH
1985 CJ7 

What is this?

Is it an antenna mount or something else

image.jpg  
SAVRICH is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 04:22 AM   #2
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Technically, called a "tire stop" for when your spare is mounted on back of tailgate.

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/tire-st...stainless.html
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #3
Rolandt03
1983 CJ7 

Tail gate folds down! It is for the original factory spare tire carrier. Keeps it from swinging to far open. The tire carrier bolts up to the 4 holes just to the right of your tail gate. Two on top and two on bottom
Rolandt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
SAVRICH
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
When your tailgate is mounted to swing open, it stops it from opening too wide and slamming against the body.

Technically, called a "tire stop" for when your spare is mounted on back of tailgate.

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/tire-st...stainless.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandt03 View Post
Tail gate folds down! It is for the original factory spare tire carrier. Keeps it from swinging to far open. The tire carrier bolts up to the 4 holes just to the right of your tail gate. Two on top and two on bottom
Thanks guys
Yeah that's just a random pic I found online. I have the oem swing carrier on mine but never realized that it helped stop it!
SAVRICH is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandt03 View Post
I was thinking of my YJ, tailgate swings open and has spare tire mounted directly to it, and has the exact same type of tire stop on the body.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #6
Stormpaw
1983 CJ7 

I want one of those tire carriers. Mine is broken in five places.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.