What the **** is this....? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What the **** is this....?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Reply
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #46
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert, CO
Posts: 10,299
Damn, I wish I had those kinda resources available around here. Good quality used, or junkyard finds are tough for me, and quality fab guys seem non-existent. If I were closer to Denver, I'd probably have better luck.

It sounds like you've done your homework, should be a great build. Good luck.

Matt

Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #47
dslywalker
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glendale,Arizona
Posts: 1,560
anyone live close enough to go throw some oil under the tranny.Nice job one out of a thousand that don't leak
__________________
Jeep Naked
Put some color in your Cheeks
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #48
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder
 
swatson454's Avatar
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dripping Springs, TX (soon)
Posts: 4,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslywalker View Post
anyone live close enough to go throw some oil under the tranny.Nice job one out of a thousand that don't leak
Oh, believe you me, if I lived anywhere near him, I'd have hooked him right up


Shawn
__________________
Live in a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.
swatson454 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #49
hutch1200
Web Wheeler
 
hutch1200's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , Pa
Posts: 2,726
I found this old thread when I used the search function for "Synthetic Oil".
BTW, that's NOT his garage! Nice try ole boy.
__________________
The only "FINISHED CJ" is the stripped one in a junkyard w/a bent frame.
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #50
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert, CO
Posts: 10,299
Hey Hutch,

How the he11 are you, my friend? Have you got that CJ/dragster of yours put together, yet. Blown up any meth...I mean....workshops, lately?

Shoot me a PM, when you get a chance.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #51
CrankyD
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 505
BF Goodrich Tires $900 dollars, Old Man Emu Suspension $1,000 Dollars, A full case of Permatex black RTV - Priceless!
CrankyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #52
hutch1200
Web Wheeler
 
hutch1200's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , Pa
Posts: 2,726
OT, but kinda funny.
Over the winter, my buddy finally rebuilt his 1958 Harley Panhead. Nothing leaks like an old Harley! Well, maybe a VW. It had a crack in the right side case near the generator, the one w/the #s most prominently displayed on it. This man is a superb mechanic and expert welder. He sent the crank out and made a jig to assemble the 2 cases once he got all NOS parts for it.
A Harley engine is split down the middle, front to back with the crank in between. Very MAJOR surgery. Factory techs don't even like this job, and shun them!
Picture hanging the crank from a beam, and sliding the 2 halves of you block together & making sure all tolerances are correct. And no oil pan to look up into in order to make sure it's all correct & even.
Anywho, we meet every Saturday at a diner for B-fast. He showed up w/a beautiful machine that ran 100%.
I came prepared w/a zip-lock bag w/some new oil and some metal shavings. During our meal, I excused myself to the Loo. Instead I poured out the contents right under his bike. When we all came outside & he saw the "carnage" he went thru all 5 stages of grief within 7 minutes. I eventually copped to what I did.
Was it wrong of me to wait until tears formed in his eyes before I fessed up? Too far?
Your friend (?), hutch
BTW, still paying top dollar for large quantities of cold tablets.
__________________
The only "FINISHED CJ" is the stripped one in a junkyard w/a bent frame.
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:27 AM   #53
82JeepCJ7
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 4,870
We tossed some rice under a guys Honda motorcycle at work the other day, told him it was leaking......
__________________
Beat it to fit, paint it to match!

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #54
John Strenk
Moderator
 
John Strenk's Avatar
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Shalersville Ohio
Posts: 13,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
OT, but kinda funny.
Over the winter, my buddy finally rebuilt his 1958 Harley Panhead. Nothing leaks like an old Harley! Well, maybe a VW. It had a crack in the right side case near the generator, the one w/the #s most prominently displayed on it. This man is a superb mechanic and expert welder. He sent the crank out and made a jig to assemble the 2 cases once he got all NOS parts for it.
A Harley engine is split down the middle, front to back with the crank in between. Very MAJOR surgery. Factory techs don't even like this job, and shun them!
Picture hanging the crank from a beam, and sliding the 2 halves of you block together & making sure all tolerances are correct. And no oil pan to look up into in order to make sure it's all correct & even.
Anywho, we meet every Saturday at a diner for B-fast. He showed up w/a beautiful machine that ran 100%.
I came prepared w/a zip-lock bag w/some new oil and some metal shavings. During our meal, I excused myself to the Loo. Instead I poured out the contents right under his bike. When we all came outside & he saw the "carnage" he went thru all 5 stages of grief within 7 minutes. I eventually copped to what I did.
Was it wrong of me to wait until tears formed in his eyes before I fessed up? Too far?
Your friend (?), hutch
BTW, still paying top dollar for large quantities of cold tablets.
We would do that all the time before a race.

Just before you opponent was ready to leave the pits, you would put a little oil/antifreeze on you fingertips and fake you just picked it up from in front/under of his car.
Then begin rubbing your fingers together and sniffing it and looking at him with concern.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #55
hutch1200
Web Wheeler
 
hutch1200's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , Pa
Posts: 2,726
John & 82. I could learn much from you gentlemen!
"The fiendishness is strong in John Strenk and 82JeepCJ7"-Yoda. From The deleted lines of Star Wars, Vol 2.
__________________
The only "FINISHED CJ" is the stripped one in a junkyard w/a bent frame.
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #56
82JeepCJ7
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 4,870
Lmao!
__________________
Beat it to fit, paint it to match!

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #57
John Strenk
Moderator
 
John Strenk's Avatar
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Shalersville Ohio
Posts: 13,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
John & 82. I could learn much from you gentlemen!
"The fiendishness is strong in John Strenk and 82JeepCJ7"-Yoda. From The deleted lines of Star Wars, Vol 2.
Quite often they would just remind me that I'm #1, usually with the middle finger....
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2014, 06:27 AM   #58
82JeepCJ7
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 4,870
How come I always end up in the deleted lines section?
__________________
Beat it to fit, paint it to match!

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #59
hutch1200
Web Wheeler
 
hutch1200's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , Pa
Posts: 2,726
'82, You're a "Bootleg Legend". Copied cheaply, but never re-mastered!
__________________
The only "FINISHED CJ" is the stripped one in a junkyard w/a bent frame.
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.