Welding shops in Los Angeles...? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Welding shops in Los Angeles...?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-25-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
Grifter

Welding shops in Los Angeles...?

I've really been wanting to purchase a rear Dana 44 but have no access to a welder nor do I have welding skills.

Does anyone here in the Los Angeles area know of someone I can take a Dana 44 to that can modify that baby so it'll work with an '85 Jeep CJ7??

[i]'85 Jeep CJ7 ~ 4.2L/6cyl/258 ~ OBA ~ NV4500 tranny ~ Atlas II t-case ~ 2 1/2" S-Lift ~ 1" B-Lift ~ 1 1/4" Shakles ~ 33" SSR TSL's on A/E 589's ~ Rancho 9000's ~ AGR Steering Box II ~ M.O.R.E Steering Box Bracket ~ Borgeson Steering Column ~ Tuffy Stereo Center Console[/size][/i]
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2003, 11:23 PM   #2
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

ok heres what you do:

Go get any phone book of the L.A. area

Look up "welding" I know, strange.

There should be just a few listings under that topic in a city the size of L.A.

If you are looking for a Jeep specific shop try automotive (again in the PHONE BOOK) section then 4 wheel drive parts or automotive customizing. Another section is a place that deals with axles and rear ends only.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1

Last edited by awachwhiteboy; 06-25-2003 at 11:30 PM..
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
Grifter

Local Welder in Los Angeles

Your skills of deduction amaze me awachwhiteboy. Absolutely. That must definetly be why you're a senior member.

So don't you think being a senior member and all that I might just be here asking that question because I know that jeepers are on this site , and that maybe, just maybe that member might be here in Los Angeles and might know of someone they could recommend to me?

Ah fergit about it, I'm just ******* newbie, yeah I think I'll just use that phonebook, what the hell was I thinkin' using this thing called the internet, this thing is for city folk, imagine that getting help from a computr' hell I outta just walk on down to the general market down the street and ask old Bill sittin' out on the porch if he knows a good welder. Thanks fer settin' me straight partnuh I know where I'll go for help next time!
[i]'85 Jeep CJ7 ~ 4.2L/6cyl/258 ~ OBA ~ NV4500 tranny ~ Atlas II t-case ~ 2 1/2" S-Lift ~ 1" B-Lift ~ 1 1/4" Shakles ~ 33" SSR TSL's on A/E 589's ~ Rancho 9000's ~ AGR Steering Box II ~ M.O.R.E Steering Box Bracket ~ Borgeson Steering Column ~ Tuffy Stereo Center Console[/size][/i]

Last edited by Grifter; 06-26-2003 at 11:31 AM..
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
lando

Hey Grifter. Check your PM's.
Unread 06-26-2003, 10:09 PM   #5
rustyCJ

Quote:
Originally posted by awachwhiteboy
ok heres what you do:

Go get any phone book of the L.A. area

Look up "welding" I know, strange.

There should be just a few listings under that topic in a city the size of L.A.

If you are looking for a Jeep specific shop try automotive (again in the PHONE BOOK) section then 4 wheel drive parts or automotive customizing. Another section is a place that deals with axles and rear ends only.
awachwhiteboy, dont ever ask anyone on this board for a favor cause after this reply i have realized you have tons of money and can afford to just pull out the phone book and pay some shop that charges $44/hr, or more, labor plus materials(minium one hour no matter if it takes one min or not and material costs are way high)to do whatever you need.

did you ever think that maybe he was looking for a fellow jeeper on this board that would help another fellow jeeper out?
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:52 PM   #6
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally posted by rustyCJ

awachwhiteboy, dont ever ask anyone on this board for a favor cause after this reply i have realized you have tons of money and can afford to just pull out the phone book and pay some shop that charges $44/hr, or more, labor plus materials(minium one hour no matter if it takes one min or not and material costs are way high)to do whatever you need.

did you ever think that maybe he was looking for a fellow jeeper on this board that would help another fellow jeeper out?

I'm not rich by any means, I busted my *** for every penny I have. He is asking a no **** question I mean really would'nt it have been more productive to just look in the phone book. All he wanted was the name of a shop in his area what difference would it have made if someone here said one (which no one did) or he just find one himself. I know he was looking for another Jeeper to help him out, however sarcastic my post was it DID provide an answer. I do 90% of the work on my jeep myself I hate paying anyone to do anything to it that I can do. I'm sorry I started this mess
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:30 AM   #7
rustyCJ

Grifter, if you haven't found some one yet try calling your local jeep or 4x4 club, everyone has one close to them. most people who weld love to weld so getting them to do it usually only cost round a 12pak.
Unread 06-27-2003, 03:42 PM   #8
Grifter

Quote:
Originally posted by rustyCJ
Grifter, if you haven't found some one yet try calling your local jeep or 4x4 club, everyone has one close to them. most people who weld love to weld so getting them to do it usually only cost round a 12pak.

Now thats the kinda price I'm talking about. Yeah, and at the same time I can learn a thing or two by watching. Because someday I'd like to be able to do my own welding!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.