Weber Set-Up and Tune Discussion - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber Set-Up and Tune Discussion

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 10-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #46
outsider2010

I thought Swatson 454 wanted this to be a set up/tunning thread!, Are we going to jump to main circuit soon?
Jorge.

outsider2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #47
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider2010 View Post
I thought Swatson 454 wanted this to be a set up/tunning thread!, Are we going to jump to main circuit soon?
Jorge.
Sorry guys, I've been frying other fish and burning other bridges lately. Sure, whatever you guys want to jump into next.

Of course, we haven't touched on the effects of the fuel level being too high or too low in the bowl yet. That should probably come before getting into the mains, IMHO.

Shawn
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #48
BigOrange90YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark678 View Post
So I should ditch the 32/36 in favor of a bigger Weber? I am just asking, I have the 32/36 and it seems to have hesitation when I gas it. However I will add I have not done anything to the carb. to try and adjust other than, add a regulator. I do like the plug and play option if there is one.
The Weber 32/36 will work perfectly fine when you tune it. I used to have the hesitation problem but once I took the time and learned how to tune my carburetor I couldn't be happier with how it runs. If you would like to learn to tune your 32/36 just ask, we'll point you in the right direction.
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #49
ozzieb
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptillnow View Post
How did your carb work out? What happened? This was a long time ago you had some linkage problems, then a starting or quiting problem? What happened?
UPTILLNOW
It turned out that my ignition Mod was bad. Causing the issue. But it works great now. swatson and Mcmud helped with the linkage issues and tuning.
ozzieb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #50
uptillnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7jeep View Post
i have a question. i have a weber 32. its running so rich. black smoke come outs when you start it and a small mixture of water and oil. the engine is very strong.i just had the valve cover gasket replaced and it had some sludge on the valves.i'm using rotella and wix filters and have changed it twice and the oil is still dirty looking after driving 300 miles.now the past week after driving the car for a few miles and coasting at low speeds the car will cut off for a second and start right back up and not due it again. its happened 3 times in a week.any help on what i need to do appreciated
I have tuned a few 32/36DGEV on the Jeep. Most (95%) of the time the rich appearance is due to the throttle plate being opened too far, more than 1 1/2 turns in and reading vacuum at the "S" port, or the vacuum advance ported vacuum source. This throttle plate is then exposining the enrichening holes at idle brings in allot of fuel at idle that doesn't burn clean and soots up your plugs, exhaust etc.
I would look at your choke plate to insure it is open as previously stated and check your initial carburetor settings. Do you know how far in your speed screw is set? Do you know if you are reading any vacuum at the ported "S" vacuum source? Where do you find the "LEAN Best idle" with your mixture screw? Wher have you set your inital timing? Let us know, there are some people here who know the intricact details of how the Weber works that will be more than happy to help.
UPTILLNOW
uptillnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #51
DrivinCat
1985 CJ7 

Weber 34

I have the Weber 34 DGEC and discovered that all of the inner walls of the float bowl had become "blistered" (for lack of better word) causing a thin, cracked layer of metal to "bubble" out away from the wall and interfere with the float. This caused all kinds of strange problems as you can imagine. Not starting; starting and then dieing immediately; poor running; stalling on hills; flooding...etc, etc. I chipped the bubbled and blistered metal out, allowing room for the float to...float, and she runs like a champ now.

My problem may be unique and/or confined to the foreign manufactured Weber carbs but I felt it needed addressed in case it helps other Jeepers.

There's also a well researched write up on the Weber 34 running rich and the proper jets to use here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/we...-258-a-631105/
DrivinCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #52
uptillnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinCat View Post
I have the Weber 34 DGEC and discovered that all of the inner walls of the float bowl had become "blistered" (for lack of better word) causing a thin, cracked layer of metal to "bubble" out away from the wall and interfere with the float. This caused all kinds of strange problems as you can imagine. Not starting; starting and then dieing immediately; poor running; stalling on hills; flooding...etc, etc. I chipped the bubbled and blistered metal out, allowing room for the float to...float, and she runs like a champ now.

My problem may be unique and/or confined to the foreign manufactured Weber carbs but I felt it needed addressed in case it helps other Jeepers.

There's also a well researched write up on the Weber 34 running rich and the proper jets to use here:
How old is your carburetor? I'm sure Solex will warranty a real defect. Ussually this is the "tinning" or sacraficial coating on the metal for corrosion control. Whith the Ethyinol fuels, I am sure we will start seeing this in many areas of the fuel delivery systems. See if you can get it exchanged through the Solex/Weber dudes.
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #53
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Quote:

Shawn
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #54
BigOrange90YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post

Shawn
id like to second that
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #55
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrange90YJ View Post
id like to second that
good to see ya around big orange, and I gotta agree with ya on that link being a big no no!
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #56
DrivinCat
1985 CJ7 

Sorry about the link, new here. Why is it a big no, no? 1. No to posting links? 2. The link doesn't work? 3. You disagree with the info in the link? Hopefully no 2...
This is correct link:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/we...37/index4.html
Helped me out with jet size, worked great.
Shawn: is that Zak Wild, BLS 1919 Eternal?
Just shoot me if I did something wrong again...
DrivinCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #57
uptillnow

Quote:
Sorry about the link, new here. Why is it a big no, no? 1. No to posting links? 2. The link doesn't work? 3. You disagree with the info in the link? Hopefully no 2...
This is correct link:
Ohh yeaa... Who wants to tackle this one?
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #58
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Quote:
This is correct link:
Nice job on the avatar! Seems pretty fitting with my cousin doing his third tour in Afganistan. And please, for the love of God, from one BLS fan to another, stop linking that propaganda to this thread! Please!

Shawn
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #59
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
This is correct link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptillnow View Post
Ohh yeaa... Who wants to tackle this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
Nice job on the avatar! Seems pretty fitting with my cousin doing his third tour in Afganistan. And please, for the love of God, from one BLS fan to another, stop linking that propaganda to this thread! Please!

Shawn

Either I had a brain fart or doesn't this link us back to this thread?? I think I just spent 20 min rereading this whole thread...
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #60
uptillnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Either I had a brain fart or doesn't this link us back to this thread?? I think I just spent 20 min rereading this whole thread...
I think these links got confused along the way...
I beleive this is the link he is refering too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.