Weber set up question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber set up question

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-20-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
Bard
1985 CJ7 

Weber set up question

Hopefully someone can help me out. I bought a parts Jeep with a Weber 32/36 on it, I think it is the DGAV model. Anyways, I removed it from one parts Jeep (87 258ci) and when I went to put it on my Jeep, (83, 258ci) the intake manifold bolts are different set up? The one I removed it from had extra holes drilled into the manifold and the original studs removed for the carb. The manifolds appear to be both manufactured in 1985 by the stamps Can I buy a different bottom plate set up or am I out of luck? I really do not want to change the manifold set up if I can avoid it. Thanks, much appreciated.

85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
twmattox

Not sure about the extra holes, but your studs can be removed. Basically, put 2 nuts on and loosen the bottom one (using the top one to lock it in place). Pretty easy to do.

This should give you 4 holes to mount your adapter plate to. The adapter bolts to the intake manifold then another adapter bolts to the first one. The carb gets held to this entire set-up.
twmattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Right...there should be two adapter plates. First one bolts on after you remove the stock studs and re-uses the same holes.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
rjcj-8

The Weber requires an adaptor to mount to the 258 intake.
If your parts jeep had the adaptor it should look like to pieces of AL stacked on top of each other.

Sounds like the PO might have just drilled a new set of holes in the intake.
rjcj-8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.