Weber Redline TBI critque - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber Redline TBI critque

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Weber Redline TBI critque

I have a 4.7 stroker that I have tried to make the 4.3 TBI work with. I have been down the road with many different chips from Howell, TBI Chips and also with an emulator. I probably have tried close to 100 different variations of chips. The problem being that depending on the outside temp and other factors the engine would run differently from day to day or from shut down to start. There was no consistency, cylinders 3 and 4 would run rich but 1,2,5 & 6 would run leaner. But the idle drove me nuts some times it would run 900 and other times it would be 1400-1500 RPM. So I started looking around for other solutions.

The last few days I have replaced the Howell TBI with a Weber Redline TBI.
I was on the fence for a while because of the price of the kit. But after installing this and getting it dialed in with the help of Redline. I have to say I am completely blown away with the performance that this kit has yielded.

When I got the kit and opened it up I was surprised to see the Throttle Body was a CNC machined piece, the harness was very well made and the computer is about half the size of the GM TBI computer. All the components are top notch and the support was absolutely impeccable.

The engine now runs like I had always hoped it would its idle is at 700 RPM the roughness of the engine has gone away. Its like driving a street legal tractor that has some serious get up and go.

The programing did not take long to get everything setup and dialed in. To me its a well made product and well worth every penny.

gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.