Weber prog jets size. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber prog jets size.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
Warmacht

Weber prog jets size.

I have a 85 cj with the 6cyl 4 speed stick. The OG carb died so a redline weber is what I want to go with. My questions are . What jet sizes for primary,secondary& idle at sea level . Also will the vac port for the distributor be fine with a stock vac advance ? Thanks for all the help.

Warmacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
uptillnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmacht View Post
I have a 85 cj with the 6cyl 4 speed stick. The OG carb died so a redline weber is what I want to go with. My questions are . What jet sizes for primary,secondary& idle at sea level . Also will the vac port for the distributor be fine with a stock vac advance ? Thanks for all the help.
The "typical" jetting below 3800 feet is this:
Primary Idle .75mm
Secondary Idle .60mm
Both Mains 1.40mm (or, P 1.40mm S 1.45mm)
Primary Air Correction jet 1.70mm
Secondary Air Correction jet 1.60mm

With the stock ignition Duraspark, timing is 8-10 BTDC (some say 10-12 BTDC) with the "S" ported vacuum source to the right of the choke housing down toward the mounting flange.

Some like the manifold vacuum for the advance. Initial timing would then be 8 BTDC, then the manifold vacuum hooked up and it will go off the scale. (22 BTDC ?)

Do not allow your engine to "ping", pre-ignition is cumulative, meaning every ping adds up to the big bang. NO PRE-IGNITION!

Good Luck.

UPTILLNOW
uptillnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.