weber idle HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > weber idle HELP!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
mastercraft29

weber idle HELP!

Whats up guys... I cannot figure out what the f is wrong with my weber! I took it off cleaned out all 6 jets (there was some build up in like 2) so i thought that was the problem but it still wont idle.. If i just barely give it gas it will stay running but as soon as i let if off it dies and sometimes white smoke comes out of the carb? I didnt want to mess with the idle screw or any of the mixture screws but it looks like i may have to.. Is there one of the mixture screws I should have taken out and cleaned?? something else I thought of, I have the HEI distributor with the nutter bypass, and I know the HEI puts out a lot more heat than the stock one but my battery was dead so I charged it and let it sit for a few days then i had to charge it again, so my question is if this battery isnt strong enough or something could it be possible that its not putting out enough juice?? I have two other posts on this problem if you have any questions... PLEASE HELP!

mastercraft29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft29 View Post
Whats up guys... I cannot figure out what the f is wrong with my weber! I took it off cleaned out all 6 jets (there was some build up in like 2) so i thought that was the problem but it still wont idle.. If i just barely give it gas it will stay running but as soon as i let if off it dies and sometimes white smoke comes out of the carb? I didnt want to mess with the idle screw or any of the mixture screws but it looks like i may have to..
Not trying to adjust the carb is the same as saying; I refuse to attempt to put an end to this frustration.

Quote:
Is there one of the mixture screws I should have taken out and cleaned?? .......................
I have two other posts on this problem if you have any questions... PLEASE HELP!
If this is a 32/36DGEV, there is only one mixture screw and yes you should remove it.... first in an attempt to get over the fear of doing that and just in case there is a clog inside.... attempt to clear it. <---- Clearly spelled out in one of your previous threads.
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.