weber idle HELP! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-26-2011, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
mastercraft29

weber idle HELP!

Whats up guys... I cannot figure out what the f is wrong with my weber! I took it off cleaned out all 6 jets (there was some build up in like 2) so i thought that was the problem but it still wont idle.. If i just barely give it gas it will stay running but as soon as i let if off it dies and sometimes white smoke comes out of the carb? I didnt want to mess with the idle screw or any of the mixture screws but it looks like i may have to.. Is there one of the mixture screws I should have taken out and cleaned?? something else I thought of, I have the HEI distributor with the nutter bypass, and I know the HEI puts out a lot more heat than the stock one but my battery was dead so I charged it and let it sit for a few days then i had to charge it again, so my question is if this battery isnt strong enough or something could it be possible that its not putting out enough juice?? I have two other posts on this problem if you have any questions... PLEASE HELP!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft29 View Post
Whats up guys... I cannot figure out what the f is wrong with my weber! I took it off cleaned out all 6 jets (there was some build up in like 2) so i thought that was the problem but it still wont idle.. If i just barely give it gas it will stay running but as soon as i let if off it dies and sometimes white smoke comes out of the carb? I didnt want to mess with the idle screw or any of the mixture screws but it looks like i may have to..
Not trying to adjust the carb is the same as saying; I refuse to attempt to put an end to this frustration.

Quote:
Is there one of the mixture screws I should have taken out and cleaned?? .......................
I have two other posts on this problem if you have any questions... PLEASE HELP!
If this is a 32/36DGEV, there is only one mixture screw and yes you should remove it.... first in an attempt to get over the fear of doing that and just in case there is a clog inside.... attempt to clear it. <---- Clearly spelled out in one of your previous threads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.