weber dgec34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > weber dgec34

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
penster1
1980 CJ5 

weber dgec34

All
Buddy of mine gave me a Weber (solex) dgec 34 carb for my cj5. I need #35 idle jets and can't find them anywhere. Carb is discontinued an Weber no longer stocks parts. Any help would be appreciated. THanks

penster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

What, did you lose a bet?

Have you tried Weber North America or Weber Carbs Direct? The odds of you needing a jet that small are pretty-much non-existent and I have a feeling that came from the dreaded "weber runs tooooo rich..." thread. Odds are good you'll need two sizes larger than what you currently have in there. I think mcmud determined up to a 60 or even a 65, I forget.

I hope you can find them. Good luck!

Shawn
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
What, did you lose a bet?

Shawn
I got a chuckle out of that.

Penster, if you're not aware, the reason for Shawn's smirkiness is the Weber 34 is actually a knockoff made by Solex. It is generally considered inferior to the real deal, and I suspect that's why it's no longer offered.

There were plenty of them sold, however, so I think you should be able to find some jets for it, if you choose to use it.

Good luck,

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

Penster,

Check out the 3rd pic down on page 1 of this Weber Set-up thread. With your DGEC tuned the best you can get it, pull the carb off, flip it over making sure the choke is not engaged and the throttle is resting on the idle speed screw and see how much exposure you have of the enrichment hole. If it looks anything like pic 3, you need to go up on your primary idle jet. Don't pay attention to any of the screw settings mentioned in the thread as yours will be different. We'll have to go on pics alone. Pic 2, good. Pic 3, bad, very bad.

Does that help?

Shawn

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.