weber carb install help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > weber carb install help

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
hevyford2
1974 CJ5 

weber carb install help

hey guys new to the forum wanted to say hello. i need some help i have a 1974 cj5 with a 258. my carter carb took a dump so went to the junk yard and found a brand new weber two barrel with plentum. the weber carb has a plugin on the back that my cj doesn't have. can i bypass this plugin and what is it for.any help will be great thanks. oh yeah how do you post pics so i can show what i have

hevyford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Are you sure it's a Weber and not a two barrel Carter with the Stepper Motor? Weber's have a connection for the Electric Choke version and maybe an add on for a Idle Jet Solenoid for cutting of the fuel to the carb if your vehicle is "dieseling".

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
hevyford2
1974 CJ5 

weber

well it says on the side carter/weber. and doesn't the steper motor have gears on the carb. i wish i could post a pic but dont know how
hevyford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Below the reply box is a "Upload Image" button. Click that. A small window should pop up that allows you to select up to 5 pictures per post. Once you the select the pictures, click on the "Upload" button within that little box.

When the pictures are done uploading, their names will appear just below the replay box. Then you can post the reply, as usual.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Attwanl
1985 CJ7 

Should be some numbers on it.... Mine are near the base plate.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.