Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Weber Carb goes "poof"

771 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  LumpyGrits 
#1 ·
After putting in new rear main seal, taking off distributor and priming the oil pump I quickly(late for work) put the distributor back on. After a minute or so of trying to crank it over, I knew I put dizzy in wrong spot. Put it back in correct and timing marks lined up but now about every 3-4 seconds I get a "poof" or Pop of white cloud out of carb. Ran fine before all this (except for oil leak). Is my timing still off? Don't want to keep cranking it. 83 cj7, 4.2, Weber 32/36 with with MSD6al

#4 ·
I pulled the dist to prime the oil pump and all the passages after I put the oil pan back on and filled it up with oil. I did verify #1 @ TDC on compression stroke and timing is good. The puff of white smoke comes out of the passenger side of barrel on carb and getting some black colored gas forming at top of barrels, though not a lot. Still won't fire up. It's getting gas and float bowl has gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.