Weber Carb 32/36 Install Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber Carb 32/36 Install Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

Weber Carb 32/36 Install Help

The Directions that come with the Carb are kind of vague. Anyone have a link or can offer any help for the install?

1981 CJ5
2.5L 4cyl

Ksg45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
STJP
Street Jeep

1985 CJ7 

Hi Ksg45,

I have made this installation a few years back on a 258 I6. Is there something specific that you don't understand about bolting it on?

LOTS of stuff here, includes some info on tuning with 4 cyl.: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/we...ssion-1051137/

JS
STJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #3
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

well I'm just new to working on vehicles, I was just confused about which vacuum hoses are required. I know that all the Emissions stuff is no longer needed. If I need a new adapter that is bolted between the manifold and carb? Things like that. The directions that came with the package were just kinda vague.
Unread 12-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
STJP
Street Jeep

1985 CJ7 

Are you doing any searches of this forum? You might want to look in Technical Write-ups on this site.
STJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
uptillnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksg45 View Post
well I'm just new to working on vehicles, I was just confused about which vacuum hoses are required. I know that all the Emissions stuff is no longer needed. If I need a new adapter that is bolted between the manifold and carb? Things like that. The directions that came with the package were just kinda vague.
Did you get a carburetor, and now trying to install it?

Or, did you buy a "Conversion Kit" with adapter, linkage, air filter and carburtor?

If you call the guys who make the kit, or the guys that sold it to you, they would probably send you a set of instructions that SHOULD suit your needs.

As asked above, what is it you are trying to figure out?

UPTILLNOW
uptillnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

I just need a clearer understanding of where certain vacuum lines go (which ones I need and which ones I can cap off) and I also need a better understanding of what I need to hook up the throttle cable and how to do so. I bought a kit from WeberCarbsDirect (now knowing I should have just gone with Redline as they had a more complete kit with the correct size hoses and vacuum lines pre-cut). But the instructions are just vague as it is a "general installation guide" for multiple weber carb conversion kits. Its simply too vague for a novice like myself and Its been difficult finding any good info online.

Thanks for the help
Unread 12-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

This is my current vacuum diagram
screen-shot-2014-12-19-5.49.44-pm.png

Unread 12-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

This is the best diagram I can find at the moment of the new carb, I can keep looking and add another
screen-shot-2014-12-19-5.54.18-pm.png

Unread 12-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

http://nebula.wsimg.com/ad7e36cc70f3...&alloworigin=1

This is a link to the instructions they provided. Maybe they're good instructions but again, this is the first time I have ever worked on a vehicle and Im still learning. incredible Newbie status haha
Unread 12-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #10
Ksg45
1981 CJ5 

And the directions say to cut the fuel line and install the fuel filter provided, none was provided. Unless my particular model did not require one. or it is installed elsewhere that I am unaware of.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.