Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Weber Carb...

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  JeffsLaredo 
#1 ·
Thinkin about upgrading to the Weber Carb on my 85 CJ-7, 258 I-6. Just looking for some tips/opinions from people that have done it. Thanks

#2 ·
Bolts right on. Love mine. Expensive as hell but they ROAR when you hit the gas. I've heard they can be a pain to tune but I've never had to fool with mine that was installed in '98.

#4 ·
I've upgraded to the EMPI "weber style" 32/36 carburetor. The kit from Collins Brothers was easy to install and my Jeep's never run better.

The kit I got cost $269.95 plus shipping.

#7 ·
I have the Weber 32/36. I did have to adjust the float when I went to Hot Springs to ride. Steep slopes and I was flooding out bad. Once I adjusted the float (20 minute job back at camp) I was back on the trails with no problems at all.

Instead of low pressure electric fuel pump, you can just get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

The Weber doesn't like anything more than 4lbs.

I run 3lbs on the road and 1 to 1 1/2 when offroading.

#8 ·
Sprkplug said:
I have the Weber 32/36. I did have to adjust the float when I went to Hot Springs to ride. Steep slopes and I was flooding out bad. Once I adjusted the float (20 minute job back at camp) I was back on the trails with no problems at all.

Instead of low pressure electric fuel pump, you can just get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

The Weber doesn't like anything more than 4lbs.

I run 3lbs on the road and 1 to 1 1/2 when offroading.
I agree, just get a FPR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.