Weber carb - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber carb

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
Lastvance
1985 CJ7 

Oh yeah it has a Weber Carb on it as well

Unread 05-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #17
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
Please don't open the pandora's box that comes with cheap regulators. Simply use the OEM bypass fuel filter and you'll be good to go.

Shawn
I just finished walking through this step by step with the instructions from weber on mine. When I finished I had the best running jeep engine I have had in my life. It felt really good to have done it myself.

Just don't skip steps in the instructions, I had my timing at 8 degrees BTDC and when it says to ignore you idle when adjusting best lean idle at first listen to the instructions. I let a "mechanic friend" try to tune it first his way to "save me some time". I should have just followed the directions from the beginning. I pulled up to his shop after I did it and went in to get him, he said fire it up and let's hear it ..... I said "It is running!"

Shoulda seen his face at how smooth it was with no hiccups or stutters.

Good Luck!

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Well, every once in a while a good regulator has got to come off the assembly line. I'm glad you got ahold of it.

This begs the question, though: was it the regulator or paying careful attention to the initial tuning? I know where my money is

Either way, congrats on a happy Jeep

Shawn

Edit: Halo, I may have misread your post and confused who did what. If you nailed it by doing what you did without a regulator, awesome work, dude!
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #19
rcsutton
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had a electric fuel pump with factory filter and needed the regulator. Once I installed carb did not run rich anymore. I have recently installed a FAST EZ EFI fuel injection and like it alot. + 20 HP feels like. Weber is almost as great too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.