Weber 34/34 Jet Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Weber 34/34 Jet Replacement

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
KBONSIG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Weber 34/34 Jet Replacement

Hi Everyone,

I just ordered new jets for my Weber that runs wayyyyyy to rich. Here is what I got:

(Secondary)
[Jet Size:45]

(Primary)
[Jet Size:40]

I've done a search and i know this is pretty simple to do, but I have no clue how to replace them. Can anyone give me a little insight on how to?

Thanks.... the rich smell with the top off is making me sleepy!

1995 YJ 4Cyl
1987 YJ I6
KBONSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Scurv

My dgec has been running good for years. 40/40 and 140/145, 16mpg. 8-12 degress of timing depending on summer/winter fuel. All the sudden running lean and bucking. I am also looking for air corrector jet parts or an old carb. Yes I buggered them them up! I posted to "wanted" this AM. Doesn't look like Weber can get them as they are like the press fit like ones for the IDA and IDF carbs but a head like the 32/36. I have another thread going about the bucking.
89 YJ, 258 I6, 5 Speed/Manual, Red, 30x9.50 GSA/Gambler,Air Force Jeep Club Member #31
Red Jeep Club Member #284
Scurv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Scurv,

You don't need to dredge up every ancient thread about the 34/34 to ask the same question on each.

By the way, your 34/34 is a Weber knockoff, not a true "made in Spain" Weber. That may be part of your difficulties in finding parts.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Scurv

Thx Matt. Your a peach!
89 YJ, 258 I6, 5 Speed/Manual, Red, 30x9.50 GSA/Gambler,Air Force Jeep Club Member #31
Red Jeep Club Member #284
Scurv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
60scrambler
1982 CJ8 

Look at an exploded view of the carburetor. Locate the jets you want to replace and you should be able to see what has to come off to access them. unscrew to old and screw in the new.
60scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.