washer sprayer thing on hood - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > washer sprayer thing on hood

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
1BigPig
1977 CJ7 

washer sprayer thing on hood

Whats the name of the washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood and is where the wiper fluid comes out? And where's the cheapest place to buy one? I replaced my wiper washer pump tonight and the driver's side of the nozzle was clogged. I took a flathead screw driver to it and the end broke off.

1BigPig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
wm69

Jeep CJ, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8 Wiper Spray Nozzle : eBay Motors (item 220556811763 end time Feb-21-10 18:53:51 PST)

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
TDHofstetter

As to the jargon... it's officially known as a "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood".
TDHofstetter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

I used a pair from a TJ. Very easy to install (drill hole, pop in), cheap, and they work better.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I often thought of changing my "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood" to the TJ version and get a couple of the original "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood" to clean the salt off my headlights in winter.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Excellent idea! I might look into that myself.

'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
cincyjeeprs

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
I often thought of changing my "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood" to the TJ version and get a couple of the original "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood" to clean the salt off my headlights in winter.
Now you are on to something. Maybe add a pair of those headlight wipers from a Mercedes - oh, wait - those might not work on our frog-eyed sealed beams.
cincyjeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

I have a factory CJ "washer nozzle assembly that sits on the cowl" available. (Same parts shown in the evilBay link above.) PM me if interested.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

I like the TJ idea since the drives side of my "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood" kinda hits the car next to me and is unadjustable anymore...

sorry much like everyone else i could not resist using "washer sprayer nozzle thing that sits on top of the hood" in a technical post.
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
IdahoJeeper
1995 ZJ 

Hey Chet....great idea!! I'm wondering if you can provide some dimensions where you put 'em or did you use a "trail-n-error" method like hooking up the fluid line and ballparking where the spray worked best?

I picked up all the parts @ Checker for $20 and now have a project for Saturday!
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

I just winged it! You do have to watch out for the reinforcing channels under the hood. If you get inside one of them you won't be able to get the water line to it. BTW, you'll need to run new water lines. Here are a couple photos:
pict0530.jpg   pict0531.jpg  

'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.

Last edited by CJ Chet; 02-19-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
gotCLAY
1984 CJ7 

I put a set of ford van nozzles that go on the wiper arms. They spay right in front of the wiper with a wide spray pattern that cover the hole window in one pass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.