Warning!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Warning!!!!!!

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-19-2002, 04:07 PM   #1
Renegade578
1981 CJ7 

Warning!!!!!!

I recently ordered some Rancho RS5000 shocks from 4WD Hardware. I got the shocks in the mail and they turned out to be old shocks that had been painted white. I don't know if it was just a fluke. I called them and they refunded my money. But I just thought I'd let yall know it happened. So be careful when ordering from 4WD Hardware.

Renegade578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2002, 12:50 AM   #2
Hippo393

Great heads-up! I live near 4WD Hardware, so if someone out there is scoping out a potential large $$ purchase there, I'd be happy to go there and give it the once-over for you.
Renegade, thanks for the info!
-alan
Hippo393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2002, 07:24 PM   #3
Infedel

I've gotten bitten by them a time or two. The latest is when I ordered a new front bumper with some other stuff. They told me the bumper would be dropped shipped from the Manufacturer (Olympic), but didn't tell me it would take 8 weeks! I hate dealing with mail-order, but I hate paying extra (about 20% more) at the local off-road shop.
1" Body Lift
1" Shackle Lift
33x12.5" SSR Tires
Painless Wiring, Stainless Steel Dash
Infedel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Happypappy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately, alot of times the problem lies with a not too cool 4-wheeler that ordered the new shocks, painted up his old shocks and put them back in the box and took advantage of the fact that 4wheel parts takes back almost anything anytime! He now has new shocks for nothing and down the road another customer gets hosed by accident. 4wheel parts can't go through each returned piece with a fine toothed comb. I guess it's just the society we live in these days!
'06 Rubicon Unlimited
Happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2002, 06:16 PM   #5
Boggy Bottom

I have never been hosed by Currie or Rosser. Darn good rep, those guys. It's good to go with a good price, but what Happypappy sez is true. Places like 4WD Hardware are able to give goos discounts on stuff because they don't pay their help jack ****. Some half-stoned minimum-wager cares little or nothing about the white shocks in the box, and that's assuming the box was even opened upon return.
Unread 06-21-2002, 11:15 PM   #6
LilRedCJ

Let me just add my 2 cents worth.
I've done quite a bit of business with 4WD Hardware and they've always done good by me. I recently came across a problem while working on my CJ pwr steering (actually caused it myself) and called them for the part. They knew exactly what I was talking about and confessed they didn't have it but recommended someone else who might. Started calling some other "Jeep" suppliers and they confessed they didn't have a d@mn clue what I was talking about.
Sorry to hear you got hosed with your shocks, at least they refunded your money, but I'll tell ya one thing...Those guys know Jeeps!
Past: '84 Cherokee Chief / '83 CJ 8
LilRedCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #7
cj7traildriver

Doesn't sound like bad bussiness if they refunded you'r money. Also even small shops if they dont have it have to get it and can take weeks or months for them to get it cause of back orders whatever is frustrating but is way things are.

Good note on the people sending used stuff back to get a refund for free parts hapypappy I recall people doing that when I worked in retail many years back. Bigger the place is generally the less questions they ask when returning items, is cheaper for them to do so.
Unread 06-22-2002, 04:18 PM   #8
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

While I'm loyal to this forum (Keith - you are the man!), I also check out JeepsUnlimited's forum (as many of you do to). There is a guy on that forum "CJsixer" who works for 4WD H. and seems to be real clool helping out fourm members with info and the like. He might be a good contact for future orders as he may be more responsive if you need him to be.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2002, 10:32 AM   #9
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

I've never had a problem with 4WDH and I've bought several thousands of dollars worth of stuff over several years from them.
Unread 06-23-2002, 11:42 PM   #10
Hippo393

Thanks for keeping 'em in business, Oldjeepguy!
Hippo393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.