Warn Lock o matic hubs...anyone knowledgeable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Warn Lock o matic hubs...anyone knowledgeable?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
greenrover1

Warn Lock o matic hubs...anyone knowledgeable?

Got a 72 cj 5 w warn lock o matic hubs. I've seen some info online, but can't find any parts. Warn discontinued making them a long time ago. Anyone know about these hubs?

greenrover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Very popular with the IH crowd.
http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Do a search here.
There are a couple of good articles and there is usually a couple of guys with spare parts.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Is this what you're looking for?

http://scoutparts.com/products/?view=product&product_id=17884

or this...

http://scoutparts.com/products/?view=product&product_id=17962

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
noahlon
1968 CJ5 

Had a pair on a Jeep pick-up years ago. They worked pretty good until you put a load on them then would slip. I always ran them locked because of that. They have roller bearings that grab when the axle spins faster than the wheel.
image-03.jpg  
noahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlon View Post
Had a pair on a Jeep pick-up years ago. They worked pretty good until you put a load on them then would slip. I always ran them locked because of that. They have roller bearings that grab when the axle spins faster than the wheel.
Overgreasing could cause that. A thin coat of grease is all that's required although I believe the factory reccommended manually locking the hubs for heavy pulling, anyway. I had a set of Lock-O-Matics on an earlier Jeep and have the later Warn Automatic on my present Jeep. The difference between the two is in the manual lock mechanism. I like them, they've been very trouble free. Warn discontinued those a number of years ago. I believe Herm The Overdrive Guy in Brush Prairie, WA., bought out the parts inventory from Warn.

Last edited by 80cj; 05-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Edited information.
80cj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.