wanted opinions on 1981 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > wanted opinions on 1981 CJ7

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
benullman
1981 CJ7 

wanted opinions on 1981 CJ7

Hello Forum! This is my first thread here! I am interested in purchasing my first CJ7. I love the look of the older jeep and you couldnt pay me to drive a wrangler or the new ugly 4 door jeeps. They just arent "true" jeeps IMO.

JEEP CJ7 1981

when he says its covered in rhino lining, hes not kidding. The inside, outside, frame, fenders, EVERYTHING is covered in it. Someone did a frame off within the last 5 years. The engine and tranny dont have more than 5k on them if I had to guess. the seller told me the previos owner had the tranny/clutch redone and it appears to have new distributor, valve cover, spark plugs, and fluids. No knocking, clutch was strong. The dash is all new wiring and the gauge cluster is mostly new (spedo was replaced along with a few others).

Is it worth $4000 with hardtop, full doors, bikini top, and half doors if they are still in the pile?

Im a much as sold on it. Trying to work out the financial side now

Anything that I should look for? Tires will need to be replaced before much longer. they are starting to get the hairline dry rot cracks. but they are 33's with 60% tread left

benullman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
benullman
1981 CJ7 

bumpitybump! Just wondering if $4000 is a good price? any comments/opinions?

Ben
benullman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
cjkcj7
1983 CJ7 

Do a search on the forum. You'll find quite a bit of info regarding what to look for prior to purchasing a CJ. Best of luck and let us know how things work out. Welcome to JF.
cjkcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.